PayPal is a Joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gonzaleziam View Post
    Ive never had problem with PayPal. I’m a fan because there is recourse if seller doesn’t send item bought. Do the other paying services offer recourse as well??

I always disagree with seller when they say “just use friends and family option”.
    You definitely get more buyer protection with Paypal than you do through the other platforms that force you to use debit/checking. It's also against Paypal's policy to have buyer's pay the 3% fee, however you see "friends and family or +3% on almost every listing. However, like Paul mentioned below, there have been numerous instances where the Paypal protection has completely failed. People making claims against honest sellers and getting the item AND their money back, or sellers shipping bogus items and then providing paypal with the tracking showing proof that the item was delivered.

Comment

Unrelated but someone hacked my PP for $150 and they are being a pain to get the money back.

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
        Never had a problem with PayPal.
        Me as well

Comment

It’s obviously their right to make their own rules, much as I disagree with them, but it’s also pretty crappy to lock your account and confiscate the $ in it/fine you.

I can see them rejecting the $ if they find out that’s what it was, but none of it should go to them.

Good to know if you end up in a position where you have to pay for something you’re unhappy with. Contractor doing a bad job, etc, but not worth fighting. Just put “AR15” in the memo line and make a whole bunch of problems for them.

Comment

Ain't never had a problem with pay pal. Sorry this happened.

Comment

Just got this message from PayPal. For any of all that use it for buying or selling guns and are just hoping you won’t get caught, it may not be worth the risk with them saying they’ll confiscate up to $2,500 per transaction outside of their ToS

Comment

Working...
              X