Round II in Idaho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Round II in Idaho

Well, my son and I are heading out June 7th to Kamiah, Idaho for Round II with Black Bears. I got bear fever in September 2018 and shot right over a nice size bear. ( No, I didn't pick a spot, not even sure I picked a bear. haha) I was pretty excited to be that close to the first bear I'd ever seen in the wild.
    I can't wait to get back up there!

Good luck Todd. I'm heading back to Maine in August for another hunt with the Black Widow boys.

Comment

Go get em Todd. Hope it's a great trip for y'all.

Gary

Comment

Round II in Idaho

Good luck, and if you shoot one, remember:

No matter how big he is, he’s still as big as a bear!!!!! [emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck! I snuck up on one in Colorado I would have shot had it been in season. Very blond. One thing is for sure, as big as they are, they are really quiet even at full sprint through the woods.

Comment

Good luck on the hunt Todd. Bear hunting is kinda habit forming. I hope you and your son both score!

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

Good luck on that bear hunt, made even cooler since you and your son will be chasing them.

Comment

Good luck. I’ve struck out on spring bears the last three years...I’m hooked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Good luck Todd! Sounds like it’ll be a lot of fun

Comment

Thanks for the well wishes guys. Hunter and I are super stoked to have this opportunity to go on this hunt together. I'll try to post updates if I can. The last time there I had NO service of any kind until we returned to town. We will be hunting a different area for the spring hunt, so maybe I'll have service this time. But it was actually pretty nice having no service on the last hunt. Does anyone have any experience shooting bears with a Simmons Shark? That's what I plan on using this hunt. I think it'll do the job if I do mine. Shooting a 50lb long bow with a 500 spine carbon arrow. 175gr head with a 50 gr brass insert. Total arrow weight is around 519 gr.

Comment

Todd, I used my Black Widow Longbow, 44lb at my 28" draw. Got it set up with some Gold Tip Trads 35/55 (500 spine), tipped with 205 gr Simmons Safari broadheads. Total arrow weight was about 504 grains. I got a clean pass through on the small bear I shot in Maine. You should be fine.
                        Last edited by Phillip Fields; 05-29-2020, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Your setup will blow through a bear easily Todd! I’m booked for next spring in Canada
                          Best of luck this trip!

Comment

Your setup is good to go for black bear Todd. Have fun and will be patiently waiting for the story. Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                              Todd, I used my Black Widow Longbow, 44lb at my 28" draw. Got it set up with some Gold Tip Trads 35/55 (500 spine), tipped with 205 gr Simmons Safari broadheads. Total arrow weight was about 504 grains. I got a clean pass through on the small bear I shot in Maine. You should be fine.
                              Thanks Phillip. Good luck on your trip. I look forward to hunting with you again.

Comment

Working...
                              X