Travel Trailer experts - show me the way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    We just went through this. My wife and I wanted exactly what you described. Under 30', bunkhouse, one slide and half ton towable. My budget was 15

After about 8 months of shopping and finding stuff like the jayco posted we bought new. I shopped from Galveston to dallas and had feelers out with 2 Salesmen. We ended up driving to Tyler Saturday. All of what we found in the floor plan we wanted was 17 or 18k for a 3 year old unit. While I didnt want to up the budget just to see it fall off once we left the dealer we bought new.

Clearance priced 2019 24dbs tracer breeze right off the lot. Did all the dealing over the phone and drove up for delivery. They came down on price,threw in a hitch and 5 additional years of warranty. With the warranty was 100 dollar deductible come to me to fix anything on it for 6 years . I spent more than I wanted but we're happy

While it's our first unit we have borrowed 3 from my parents. With more than 2 people a slide is a MUST. And the slide is where the price hangs imo. Ours will live indoors 90% of the time while we start on some lake property. Once a house is built it will move on.

It's a good thing a carried a tape measure

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Nice. Looks like it’s a tight squeeze in the barn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
      My buddy is selling one for $12,000 that’s practically brand new. He will bring it to Midland for you. PM and I’ll give you his phone number. It’s a great camper for the money.

Thanks PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
        Is there a reason these Jaycos are so cheap.

A 26’ new trailer sub 15k. Should I run far far away?

They cut a lot of corners but if your going to keep it less then 7 years the gremlins shouldn't come out of the wood work..

Whatever you but I'd invest in a carport to put it under once you get it too the ranch. That Ol' Texas Sun does a number on Trailers more then anything.

Comment

I got a super clean 2015 Grey Wolf Limited 26DBH for sale well under your budget. If your interested PM me.

Click image for larger version

Name:	RV.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	24617047

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
            I got a super clean 2015 Grey Wolf Limited 26DBH for sale well under your budget. If your interested PM me.

[ATTACH]1002887[/ATTACH]

PM sent. Thanks

Comment

I found a good deal on a 2019 Keystone Passport 23’ unit. Looked almost new in the inside and about 5k off the price of a new one.

This one doesn’t have slides but has the full sized bunks and is the aluminum frame.

Comment

Nice, good looking travel trailer!

Comment

I owned a Keystone Bullet and loved it. I now own a keystone passport and love it.

ALU and Fiberglass Get the biggest you can pull/afford.

If you can buy new do it. Warranty is key in the beginning. After the kinks are worked out they are not an investment. They lose value like nothing else.

But I love having one and will have one and my kids love us having one

Comment

Travel Trailer experts - show me the way

Originally posted by walker1983 View Post
                    I found a good deal on a 2019 Keystone Passport 23’ unit. Looked almost new in the inside and about 5k off the price of a new one.

This one doesn’t have slides but has the full sized bunks and is the aluminum frame.

I pulled the trigger on this one. I checked everything on it, got the go ahead from the wife - and sent the check today.
                    They are delivering it to the lease on Saturday.

2019 Passport. 16500 out the door.

Comment

We bought a 34ft BH Zinger and love it. Price was $20k out the door. The resale is absolute crap, so just know that going in to it. The way we see these things, take care of any problems immediately, don't let anything slide. Replace the china bomb tires with truck tires and make it like home. We replaced the cheap fixtures, light switch covers etc...with nice house quality replacements. We love our camper and glad we got it.

Comment

If it has a slide I would pass
                        Yea it's a bit more roomy but who spends time inside those anyway
                        It WILL leak mark by word and u will deal w rot and mold
                        That's my 2 cents

Comment

I found one I love...I'm currently trying to talk myself into buying it. I have done so 5 times and talked myself out of it 6 times.

Comment

I bought one last year. No slide out. After the first2trips out. I still love it. 3 of plus 2 dogs. 24Ft. Coachmen Catalina. Only thing I'd change is to use it more!

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                              I found one I love...I'm currently trying to talk myself into buying it. I have done so 5 times and talked myself out of it 6 times.

You should buy it!

I have heard that RV/travel trailer sales are actually up the last month or two with the Covid 19. Lots of people are deciding to take their vacations on the roads instead of flying.
                              The one you like might be gone tomorrow.

Comment

Well as an update the brand new rig we bought has been great so far. However, the service department at Camping World in Tyler has been an absolute joke.

I would not recommend them in anyway

Comment

Working...
                                X