No announcement yet.

Alligator Gar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's happening on Rayburn right now. 2 of my buddies killed 2 just shy of 7' last night right where I took y'all the night you came down. Congrats on sticking one!

Comment

good job guys! congrats
      it ain't easy to kill a big gar

Comment

Originally posted by jooger17 View Post
        It's happening on Rayburn right now. 2 of my buddies killed 2 just shy of 7' last night right where I took y'all the night you came down. Congrats on sticking one!

Thanks brother! When I come back your way, you know you've got an open spot on the deck. You gotta see my rebuild on the deck though, looks good.

Comment

Way to get it done Jarrett!

Congrats!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
            Way to get it done Jarrett!

Congrats!

Bisch

Thanks man! I appreciate the help, it paid off!

Comment

That's awesome guys , glad I could help.....

,,,Sam,,,

Comment

Originally posted by Saltej_77 View Post
                They were not spawning yet, all the gar were all singled and suspended feeding. Most gar were rolling in 15-20' of water and hadn't pushed thick into smaller water. That girl was full of eggs though, shouldn't be long. That was at choke.

Congrats on the GG, Saltej! A thread like this makes me miss the early floats down the mighty trinity. Hard to beat it just after daylight when a big ol female rolls over and waves her tail good morning. If you're ever in ETX and wanna go try and stick one, I'll take you to the few spots I know.

Comment

Originally posted by wilded View Post
                  Has anyone ever seen a alligator gar on Buchanan? All I have ever killed or caught were long nose gar.
                  Nope. seems like it should hold them with the muddy river and all. But I've never seen or caught one and I've fished there a ton at night up river when the river was flowing good.

Well this girl was tagged may of 2012, since then she has put on jut 1.25" of growth. The biologist says that's totally for growth rate at that size once they pass 5'. Imagine how many years it would take to grow to 7.5' from 6' if the difference in 6'3 and 6'4 was 5 years.
                  Nah! Big gator gar are not that old Lets not start this debate again.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                    You Phelan boys don't know how to hunt!

Good luck, should be nice and toasty.
                    We get lucky every so often

Comment

Pretty sure we saw you down there...

Did you break off a fish? There was a bowfishing guide there the whole weekend so maybe they broke off.

We were running our lines Saturday evening and saw a arrow come swimming by us. we tried to get close but it went under. On our way back we saw it again...

Comment

We did have one break off, big fish. Was my buddies arrows, blue shafts, white nocks. We got on the water around 10-10:30 and put back on around 730 am lol

Comment

We did have one break off, big fish. Was my buddies arrows, blue shafts, white nocks. We got on the water around 10-10:30 and put back on around 730 am lol
                          did you fish the river or masons point? thinking the arrow was white with a green nock..

Comment

We were on the river side

Comment

Working...
                            X