Busted Jaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted Jaw

This one has a busted jaw. His tounge hangs out and his front/left jaw area is clearly distorted. Looks like he drools a fair bit too. It will be interesting to see if his antlers are significantly impacted. Don't really know what deer it is or how the injury occurred.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Busted Jaw 1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.7 KB
ID:	25019162

Name:	Busted Jaw 2.jpg
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	25019163

Name:	Busted Jaw 3.jpg
Size:	180.2 KB
ID:	25019164

Hopefully he stays healthy and you can monitor his progression. Seems to be hitting the protein, cannot be doing too bad!

Comment

He sure does have some battle scars.

Comment

Somebody needs to be put down !

Comment

He'll do fine, he can lick it up off the ground or SNORT it as it's ground to a powder....

Comment

Looks like a cull, to me.

Comment

My wife shot a monster 6 point 2 years ago that had the same kind of injury. He would pick the corn up and then throw his head nack to swallow it. Drolled like crazy and always had blood dripping. He was a stud 6 though.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                Looks like a cull, to me.
                Maybe he will grow some "freaky" antlers just for you.

Comment

Man....

Comment

When was that pic taken...He sure has some dark hocks. Looks like he's ruttin'

Comment

That'll be cool to see what his antlers do, like you said!
                      Please keep pics posted as you get them so we can watch him.

Comment

did anyone else LOL at the last picture?

Comment

His jaw isn't busted. His bottom lip has been peeled back. Happens when they hit a fence. I've seen some recover fully and some that never recover. Depends on how much it's peeled back. I think he'll be fine depending on the time of year the injury occurred. The real good news is he is eating. That's a big plus !!!

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                            His jaw isn't busted. His bottom lip has been peeled back. Happens when they hit a fence. I've seen some recover fully and some that never recover. Depends on how much it's peeled back. I think he'll be fine depending on the time of year the injury occurred. The real good news is he is eating. That's a big plus !!!
                            Yep!

We get this sometimes during heli captures. Eating is the main thing

Comment

Originally posted by FCTrapper View Post
                              I agree. The photos were taken about a week ago, so it must have occurred between March and now. I stopped running cameras in March and did not see any deer with this type of injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X