Fast BBQ Ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fast BBQ Ribs

If you are anything like me, then you don't have 8 hours to slow cook BBQ ribs. I sliced two racks of wild boar ribs. I boiled them in seasoned water for 45 minutes. Coated them in BBQ sauce and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Then I seared them on the BBQ for a few minutes to get the grill marks and crispy them up a bit.

I know you BBQ purists will probably hate this idea, but after a long day at work, and two kids to feed at home, it was a quick and simple idea to put to test. They tasted great by the way.

thanks i will have to try this.

Comment

If you boil your ribs the terrorists will win.

Comment

Originally posted by Anirishbird View Post
        If you are anything like me, then you don't have 8 hours to slow cook BBQ ribs. I sliced two racks of wild boar ribs. I boiled them in seasoned water for 45 minutes. Coated them in BBQ sauce and let them sit for about 10 minutes. Then I seared them on the BBQ for a few minutes to get the grill marks and crispy them up a bit.

I know you BBQ purists will probably hate this idea, but after a long day at work, and two kids to feed at home, it was a quick and simple idea to put to test. They tasted great by the way.
        Sounds great to me.

Comment

Originally posted by hellbndr23 View Post
          If you boil your ribs the terrorists will win.

Comment

Ive tried it before, they come out pretty good

Comment

That's how I do it...much faster and keeps them moist and tender imho

Comment

Boiled ribs? Get a rope! j/k

Comment

Never boiled any, but have heard off boiling them in apple juice, then grilling.

Comment

I don't know about this one?

Comment

I'll have to try it...

Comment

Ribs do good in the crockpot as well. Just put your dry rub on them and add a little bit of beer and BBQ sauce mixture. Let 'er rip on low when you go to work and they'll be ready to rock when you get home.

It's not traditional but it tastes good and is easy. I do this one at the lease a couple of times per season.

Comment

My wife loves ribs this way.

Comment

Great way to mass produce in the least possible time

Comment

Working...
                            X