Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

crock pot- rump roast. (method of cooking not a recipe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

crock pot- rump roast. (method of cooking not a recipe)

here is a little recipe that i came up with the last time i made a pot roast.. for personal reasons i suggest you season to your personal liking..

after you have properly seasoned your roast (i prefer to marinate it over night in balsamic vinegar as it the vinegar begins to break down the proteins in the meat making it even more tender) find 3-4 metal jar tops, depending on the size of your crockpot i use 3" lids. now place the lids in the bottom of the crockpot and fill the lids w/ water. next fill around the lids w/ about 1/4" of water (this will help keep you from having to add more water) then place your roast on top of the lids and put on high for 6hrs.

if you like a little spice i take 1 regular size can of rotel, drain and cover the top of the roast.. oh dont for get to add your sliced carrots and potatoes in their either as the meat will take in all of these flavors..

i must warn you though when you pull the roast out of the crock pot you will be pulling out pieces of roast not a whole roast.... the meat should be super tender (it'll literally melt in your mouth)

this method of cooking a roast is not only easy as hell, but yields some of the most tenderest roast i have ever eaten ( i used to work in restraunts as a younger man)

Thank you!

Comment

no problem, its funny. i have a fairly diverse culinary background but i very rarely cook, but when i do i end up coming up with something like this.... the first time i tried this i seriously thought i was going to have to throw a 10lb roast away.... but instead it made me wanna slap my momma...

Comment

Thank you for sharing.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Have you tried a venison roast this way?

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Thanks, I'll try it!

Comment

Working...
                X