Looking for Five Pepper Jelly recipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Five Pepper Jelly recipe

Anyone ever had this or made it? Had some over cream cheese with crackers last week and man, was it good! I've never made jelly before but this was so good I might just start. Thanks in advance.

There is a company in texas that makes these in several differnt varietys. Down south some where. They have a place out at the renaissance festival every year.. I cant remember the name of the company as I have been or had any in years. But if you google pepper jelly you will have more then you care for at your finger tips..

Good luck making it.

Comment

Five Pepper Jelly

2 large red bell peppers
      1 large green bell pepper
      4 large jalapeno or serrano peppers
      1/2 small onion, finely chopped
      2 teaspoons salt, divided
      1 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
      1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
      1/2 teaspoon chili powder
      1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
      5 cups granulated sugar
      1/2 teaspoon butter or margarine
      2 pouches fruit pectin
      2 1/2 teaspoons whole cumin seeds, toasted

Boil six 1/2-pint canning jars for at least 15 minutes. Place flat lids in saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand in hot water until ready to fill. Drain well before filling.

Stem and halve all peppers, discard seeds and finely chop the peppers. Measure 3 cups into a colander. Add onion and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Let drain for 3 hours, pressing to extract as much moisture as possible.

Place pepper mix in a 6- or 8-quart saucepot. Add vinegar, lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of salt, chili powder and crushed pepper. Measure sugar in a separate bowl. Scrape excess sugar from cup with a spatula to level for exact measure.

Mix sugar thoroughly into peppers in sauce pot. Add butter and bring this mixture to a full rolling boil on high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium low and let simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in fruit pectin and return to a full rolling boil for exactly 1 minute, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat and stir in cumin seeds. Skim any foam with a metal spoon. Ladle quickly into prepared jars, filling to within 1/3-inch of the top. Wipe jar rims and threads. Cover with two-piece lids and screw bands tightly. Invert jars for 5 minutes and turn upright.

Makes about 6 (1-cup) jars.

Comment

That sounds good. Gonna have to try that.

Comment

Working...
        X