• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaseyB View Post
    $60/month is the discount.

Oh okay I get it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      I emailed them and ask, and yes the channels are HD.

[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got my new Dish bill...another $5/month increase. Putting up a over-the-air antenna tomorrow and telling Dish to stick it....

Comment

Just called since my $50 a month promo expired. First ladt offered me $5 a month off. I told her not to insult me again and she transferred me to the loyalty dept. I told the guy I'd give him one chance to make an acceptable offer or I was calling Dish. He immediately offered $75 off for 12 months. My bill will be $28.48 for the next 12 months for the Choice Extra package. That was pretty easy.

Comment

I had cancellation set for today because they only offered $50 off for 12months. They never called so I gave them a call yesterday and said I’d give them one last try to keep my business. Guy offered $85 off for 12months but I did have to sign a yr contract. Guess I’m staying another 1yr.

I’ve been with them since 2003.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the loyalty department. I’m happy. I had an expiring 2 year contract where I would be losing a $75 a month discount. They extended the discount for a year and gave me an additional $30 month off. Bottom line is I was paying $116 month drive out for tv and internet and now it is gonna be $85 month

Comment

Just got off chat.

Had my bill lowered another $65. That’s a $30 and $65 for $95 total off for 12 months. It’ll be $26.48 for 12 months. Score again!

$81.48 for tv and internet per month.

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                  Just got off chat.

Had my bill lowered another $65. That’s a $30 and $65 for $95 total off for 12 months. It’ll be $26.48 for 12 months. Score again!

$81.48 for tv and internet per month.

I had someone from direct tv offer me a similar price but it did not show up on my bill to reflect that. I called them and spent an hour with 3 different people who would not honor the first price I was given. All they would do is give me the same discount I had for the 12 previous months 65.00. Be sure and watch the lying bast____.

Comment

Guess I'm going to have to call and try again. I got no where last time. Threatened to disconnect, and they sent me to the folks to schedule it. Called my bluff as I didn't have a back up plan lol.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                      I had someone from direct tv offer me a similar price but it did not show up on my bill to reflect that. I called them and spent an hour with 3 different people who would not honor the first price I was given. All they would do is give me the same discount I had for the 12 previous months 65.00. Be sure and watch the lying bast____.
                      Exact same thing happened to me. I’m still fighting them on it. Every month I call and try to figure out what the hell is happening and why my bill isn’t seeing the discounts they tell me over the phone... I get the same song and dance. The **** habibis on the phone are straight up lying to us.

Comment

Originally posted by tpack View Post
                        I have a copy of the transcript, which is the main reason I use the chat service through the app.

She gave me specific numbers on what my bill will be which reflects both of the promotions.

Hopefully I don’t have to call them on it...

Comment

Slightly off topic, I cut Directv a couple weeks ago. Switched to FUBO so I can still watch Astros and have sling for Aggie football. The guy that I spoke with didn’t even try to retain me as a customer. I was ok with staying with them for the right price but I didn’t ask for any discounts. I was shocked at how easy they let me cancel. It worked out though, saving $40 overall and no more contracts.

Comment

Originally posted by gb22250 View Post
                            Slightly off topic, I cut Directv a couple weeks ago. Switched to FUBO so I can still watch Astros and have sling for Aggie football. The guy that I spoke with didn’t even try to retain me as a customer. I was ok with staying with them for the right price but I didn’t ask for any discounts. I was shocked at how easy they let me cancel. It worked out though, saving $40 overall and no more contracts.
                            So far I’ve been lucky and haven’t had to renew any contract. I’ve been contract free for a couple years now.

Every year I just call the loyalty department and they’re quick to give me a discount.

Comment

I called the loyalty department 2 weeks ago. Evidently if you have been a customer since 2013 and probably over paying, they will give you a **** good deal. I upgraded my internet to 100 mb and upgraded my direct tv boxes including getting an extra box for $100 bucks less than I was paying. My new bill is $50 bucks a month for everything. I even got the sports package for free for 6 months. I’ve had 4 ATT employees tell me they pay more than that a month. I guess I’m sticking with them another year.

Comment

Directv sucks

I've been getting the runaround on my bill. In December 2017 the offered me a discount for 12 months and my bill was supposed to be $32.99. January bill came and it was correct. February it went to $51.00 and kept going up. I called back in May and they lowered it back to $32.99.

I started calling again in December and was told I had no promotions available. Called in January and was told the same thing. Called in February and was given a discount and told my bill would be $36.99 + tax for 12 months. Received my bill for March and it was $96.99.

I made some more calls this week and was told they would not honor what I was told in February. Ticked me off. I've been with Directv since 1999.

Here's the odd part. I called for my Mother-in-Law in Feb. and they reduced her bill to $3.98 + tax. SMDH
                                Last edited by Froggy; 03-10-2019, 11:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X