Rolled hog wire blinds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolled hog wire blinds

Anyone build a pop up blind out of the heavy guage rolled hog wire fencing? Cut shooting holes. Brush in or maybe camo leafy burlap? If so, does it work ok, or better to just invest in pop ups? Or plain ol brush-blind better? Wanna try and set up on some hogs or javelinas.
    Any pics?

I've made blinds like that before, but they weren't "pop up"

Made some from cattle panels also.

Comment

Search in the DIY section for ground blinds. There is a really cool one making a blind out of wire, cheap sheets and latex paint.

Comment

They are great "permanent" blinds. The one I built for my son & I worked great until a huge tree limb fell on it and busted the fool out of it. I used CPVC for the dome and wrapped it with plastic and then some material.

Comment

I have done it and killed deer out of em. The problem is is no matter what I couldn't get enough cover to not be seen. I was very new and was likely silouetting myself.

Comment

Made one out of.concrete wire and pvc bows over the top. Wrapped.it with tar paper and brushed it in. Cut shooting holes.anywhere you want.

Comment

We have 3 and kill quality bucks out of them. Put there out early and leave them out year round. They just become part of their normal environment. We are using old billboard sign tarps to cover ours. Waterproof for several years.

Comment

I built several and late season they were fine, but early season I always fought off wasps, spiders and even a snake or two

Comment

We used carpet to cover ours

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good choice for longterm blind vrs a popup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My first bow killed hog was out of one I pieced together and brushed in---no top or back, just a half-moon with a shooting hole.

Comment

Old satellite dishes make good roofs for cattle panel blinds.

Comment

Working...
                        X