Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trapping deer at Land’s End golf course on Lake Fork.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rocky View Post
    I’ve killed 5 deer in Texas in the last 8 years. I have not killed a 13 inch buck since AR was put in place. I simply don’t really care to hunt around here.
    you commented on my statements, but you didnt answer my question

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
      would landowners have the right to determine what should be done with wild dogs, armadillos, coyotes, feral hogs?

sounds like you are more concerned with your hunting vs whats best for the neighborhood.

I understand whats being said. But tpwd coming in and trapping deer (and killing, relocating, burning, whatever) isnt any different than someone building a high fence and preventing YOU the access YOU think you have to those deer.
      Landowners should not complain about the overpopulation of wild dogs, armadillos, coyotes and feral hogs if they are feeding them on their front porch.

Comment

you commented on my statements, but you didnt answer my question
        You keep referring to no game animals, and not regulated game animals. I don’t see the comparison.

Comment

Shouldn't be hard to trap. As much as there around people there more like pets.

Comment

would landowners have the right to determine what should be done with wild dogs, armadillos, coyotes, feral hogs?

sounds like you are more concerned with your hunting vs whats best for the neighborhood.

I understand whats being said. But tpwd coming in and trapping deer (and killing, relocating, burning, whatever) isnt any different than someone building a high fence and preventing YOU the access YOU think you have to those deer.
            If a landowner put up a bird feeder cause his wife loved blue jays... and morning dove took it over, wouldn’t it be his right to kill the invasion pest? .....of course as long as a certified Texas biologist said it was ok?

Comment

I’ve killed 5 deer in Texas in the last 8 years. I have not killed a 13 inch buck since AR was put in place. I simply don’t really care to hunt around here.
              Then you just want to complain to complain?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                Then you just want to complain to complain?
                I have neighbors that hunt, and my wife hunts. I simply believe this was pushed through under For the wrong reasons, without proper census data.

Comment

I think if the landowners want to pay the ridiculous fee to have deer trapped every few years, then it is their problem. I agree that feeding them is exacerbating the issue, but it is their property and their money.

Comment

I think trapping them is also a waste of money. Bow hunting is about the worst way to control population. Best way is to have a professional shooter come in and do his job with direction from biologist. I’m sure there are a lot of us here that claim to know a better way than the biologist. Heck I’ve been hunting and around deer for almost 50 years. That 30 year old that went to A&M and actually studied browse and carrying capacity from scientific data can’t know better than most of usseld proclaimed experts
                    Last edited by glen; 01-09-2019, 01:13 PM.

Comment

I have neighbors that hunt, and my wife hunts. I simply believe this was pushed through under For the wrong reasons, without proper census data.

if hunting was not in the equation and herds of deer were tearing up your yard, IN SAID NEIGHBORHOOD, do you and the other property owners have the right to determine what how the deer are removed?

Comment

if hunting was not in the equation and herds of deer were tearing up your yard, IN SAID NEIGHBORHOOD, do you and the other property owners have the right to determine what how the deer are removed?
                        Actually no. TPWD has to determine this as they have in this instance. I and others disagree.

Comment

Actually no. TPWD has to determine this as they have in this instance. I and others disagree.
                          Are you a wildlife biologist? Serious question.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                            Are you a wildlife biologist? Serious question.
                            No, but I can recognize malnourished or deformed deer. We don’t have any of these.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                              I think trapping them is also a waste of money. Bow hunting is about the worst way to control population. Best way is to have a professional shooter come in and do his job with direction from biologist. I’m sure there are a lot of us here that claim to know a better way than the biologist. Heck I’ve been hunting and around deer for almost 50 years. That 30 year old that went to A&M and actually studied browse and carrying capacity from scientific data can’t know better than most of usseld proclaimed experts
                              They did the "professional shooter" thing a few years back. They were to kill 40. Ended up killing 10 or 12 and wounding a bunch. Jaws shot off and crap like that.

Comment

So in your mind, the homeowners can determine what should be done with deer that free range on the surrounding properties. ?
                                Whether you feed them or not it's not going to matter. When I lived in San Angelo the deer ran in gangs of 20 does or more through subdivisions, in town. They ate all of my shrubs down to the ground, literally. Ate my neighbors grass all up. Nobody was feeding them either.

Comment

Working...
                                X