Repairing rv trailer floor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairing rv trailer floor

One of my hunters has a bumper pull about ten years old with s slide out. Part of the floor is getting a little soft enough to where it gives when you walk on it. Any suggestions on repair processes or what to look for.

I laid new Hardwood Laminate in one I owned

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Bump

Comment

before you put down anything if the floor is getting soft I would put down some 3/8 up to 1/2 inch plywood then put down new floor tile or what everyyou want Most likely the floor is some type of osb and has gotten wet that's why it is soft You could just cover the area that is soft and might get by with 1/4 in to give some support in that area
          Last edited by clay4626; 01-11-2019, 09:19 PM.

Comment

Thanks for help

Comment

First step would be to identify why it's getting soft.
              Roof leak, plumbing leak,etc.
              Fix that problem.
              I'd cut that soft section out, fill in with appropriate thickness plywood.

Comment

After working on a lot of old house floors,if the RV floor is 3/4" ship lap is a good option. It makes a lot stiffer floor than plywood.

Comment

Burn it, buy a new one! JK!

Comment

I had a soft spot in the floor near the door in one I had. I had a buddy weld a few pieces of angle iron underneath, the added new plywood to the area I had cut out. I covered the area with laminate flooring and voila! Better than new.

Comment

Working...
                    X