Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nueces River Spring trip #5 - Getting ready!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nueces River Spring trip #5 - Getting ready!

Search TBH for Nueces River to see the previous years trips. Here's last years. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...t=Nueces+river

Just picked up a new to me 2018 Tracker. Should help us boat some big ones this year.

Also have a new dock steps and ramp set-up to make pier fishing better.

I do not have details nailed down yet. Date will be March 10-20 time frame. I'll probably get there on the 10th and then others will show up later in the week. Place is near George West on the river.
    This trip will be open to +/- 8 people. Mostly TBHers. It's just a group fishing trip. No cost except everyone pitches in food, fishing supplies, gas etc.

If you want to go speak up, but please make sure you can actually go. It's not first come first in. People who hunted the 587 Ranch get first choice and guys who fished the last couple years. We will work it all out.

2019 trip. https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ghlight=nueces
    First post has 2 other trip links.

Greatness.

When my son gets a bit older I would love to do this.

Comment

If fiberglass boats will be ok running the river I have a new water curlew I wouldn’t mind getting slimy. I can’t take off of work for very long but I can most likely do a few days if you have room.

Comment

Great offer! Thanks Tim.

I'll start planning and try making this work again.

Comment

Originally posted by stickman View Post
          If fiberglass boats will be ok running the river I have a new water curlew I wouldn’t mind getting slimy. I can’t take off of work for very long but I can most likely do a few days if you have room.
          They do ok when water isn't low but there's always the risk since it's a river and you never know what floats and settles.

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
          Great offer! Thanks Tim.

I'll start planning and try making this work again.
          Good. Can use a professional cast net thrower! Besides Rich is probably ready to eat more catfish. Bring him down and show him a new world of dirty man fishing.

Comment

I’m right down the road. I may run over for a little while and watch you guys clean fish

Comment

You going after white bass for the spring run? I have not fished the Nueces since I lived down south. Back then we fished the Nueces every spring for white bass, large mouth and all types of other fish. Just below the dam in Calallen, before Labonte park was Labonte park, we used to catch lots of white bass on Blakemore Roadrunner jigs. Then we caught many large mouth bass, reds, some big cats and flounder, all just below the dam. That was some of the most fun fishing I have ever had. Out around the sand bars in the river, down stream of the ****, is where we would usually find big cats and large mouth, and reds.

My grandfather took me fishing there as a kid, they owned 25 acers, on the river farther down river, sure wish that place was still in the family.

I have been told for years, that up river around Three Rivers and George West the fishing is pretty dang good, but never been up that way.
              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 01-09-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                You going after white bass for the spring run? I have not fished the Nueces since I lived down south. Back then we fished the Nueces every spring for white bass, large mouth and all types of other fish. Just below the dam in Calallen, before Labonte park was Labonte park, we used to catch lots of white bass on Blakemore Roadrunner jigs. Then we caught many large mouth bass, reds, some big cats and flounder, all just below the dam. That was some of the most fun fishing I have ever had. Out around the sand bars in the river, down stream of the ****, is where we would usually find big cats and large mouth, and reds.

My grandfather took me fishing there as a kid, they owned 25 acers, on the river farther down river, sure wish that place was still in the family.

I have been told for years, that up river around Three Rivers and George West the fishing is pretty dang good, but never been up that way.
                Airport road is hot for whites right now been hammering them

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                  Airport road is hot for whites right now been hammering them
                  Already? My luck, I’ll be late to the party. It gets so dang crowded over there I just have avoided that ramp for about 5 years now.

Comment

sounds like fun!

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post

We try to time it so we can catch everything. Whites usually run hard before March but we usually catch all we want off the dock in March. Big flatheads are great in Feb. but fishing in general can be slow. Mid March is better/warmer and still great fishing. Bait is far easier in March also.

Comment

Nice, I bet places don't come up for sale down there very often.

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                          Nice, I bet places don't come up for sale down there very often.
                          That's why I've always loved it down there. Been fishing that river since the late 70's. During the 80's a few more people moved and lived on the river but after the huge floods there's actually less homes/people now that way back then. And the huge properties make long stretches of wilderness banks.

It's tough to find a place for sale. Took me a long time to get this place.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            That's why I've always loved it down there. Been fishing that river since the late 70's. During the 80's a few more people moved and lived on the river but after the huge floods there's actually less homes/people now that way back then. And the huge properties make long stretches of wilderness banks.

It's tough to find a place for sale. Took me a long time to get this place.
                            Yea I bet, would have to know someone that's getting ready to sell. Friend of a Friend of a Friend deal.

Comment

Hey Tim, Laura and I would come if you allow low life's like me.

Comment

Working...
                              X