Samsung Front Load Washer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung Front Load Washer

Anyone near Lufkin, Texas work on front load washers ?

Stops near the end of the cycle

Repairman said it would cost $700-$800 to fix because they are required to replace all the parts they take off ... even if they are reusable they have to replace with new ???

Said if it was HIS he could fix it for about $75 because he could reuse existing parts ...

I have the dryer that matches that works fine

Anyone can help me get this unit fixed at a reasonable price ?

DWC

gotta be a utube video on repairing it.

Comment

I have an LG that did the same thing. It was the water pump. I paid $150 to have it replaced. Looked like an easy job, but I didn't have time to mess with it. My wife found the guy on a recommendation from a neighborhood app. He's too far from you but a similar route may be helpful.

I've never heard a repairman say he had to replace all parts removed. Seems fishy.

Comment

did he say what needed to be replaced? The bad part not all the other bs

Comment

He said it could be several things

He did say pump seemed fine

Hall sensor was the way he was leaning

DWC
          Last edited by DWC; 01-04-2022, 03:10 PM. Reason: Edit

Comment

Reckon he would do it after hours cheaper.

Comment

I asked him

He said if his boss found out he would get fired

DWC

Comment

At $800, you can buy close to a new unit. Call around and see who else does repairs.

Comment

I am so glad I talked my wife out of getting a front loader a few months back

This is just typical it seems of appliances anymore. Cost almost as much to fix

Comment

Originally posted by stryker93 View Post
                    I have an LG that did the same thing. It was the water pump. I paid $150 to have it replaced. Looked like an easy job, but I didn't have time to mess with it. My wife found the guy on a recommendation from a neighborhood app. He's too far from you but a similar route may be helpful.

I've never heard a repairman say he had to replace all parts removed. Seems fishy.
                    That’s Samsung!

Comment

If its not pumping out the water at the end, it could be a clogged drain line filter. My ex was bad about not emptying her pockets of change and receipts. They filter was full of money and jammed up paper. I fixed it myself and immediately sold the set and got a top load set. Been happy sense.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stryker93 View Post

I agree..
                        I'd be looking for a new repairman...

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                          I agree..
                          I'd be looking for a new repairman...

This^^^^

I’ve been an appliance repairman for more than 30 years and that’s pretty dumb. Sounds to me like he had no idea what was wrong with it so he just threw a number out he knew you wouldn’t pay.

Comment

There's a youtube video on fixing front load samsung washers.

Comment

I have a 2 yo Maytag FL that's quit 2wice already. PIA since day 1. Keeps showing an error code.

Have the matching dryer too.

I said the heck with it and ordered a new TL washer and a matching dryer last wk. Sposed to be here Thurs.

These Maytags will go on CL. Maybe someone willing to have the washer repaired.

Comment

Working...
                              X