Good pair of binoculars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good pair of binoculars

Looking for a good set of binoculars. My budget is $1k. Not looking for something to carry in the mountains of New Mexico or anything to see 10 miles. Just want a good set to see a couple hundred yards. Size and weight is not a concern. Just want good, quality clear glass. Thanks in advance.

Nikon aculon a30. Dang good for less than $100

Comment

IMO, you’re over budgeted if you’re just wanting to see nice and clear out to a couple hundred or even a few hundred yards and you aren’t glassing for long periods of time.

With that being said, I have found the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide to be an awesome set of binos for < $1000. I run the 8x42mm and they are great for Bowhunting in the woods or muzzleloader in Kansas glassing the big ag fields.

Comment

Used swaro slc...

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          IMO, you’re over budgeted if you’re just wanting to see nice and clear out to a couple hundred or even a few hundred yards and you aren’t glassing for long periods of time.

With that being said, I have found the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide to be an awesome set of binos for < $1000. I run the 8x42mm and they are great for Bowhunting in the woods or muzzleloader in Kansas glassing the big ag fields.
          Thanks for the suggestion. Let me clarify my original post. I am just looking for super clear glass, the ones you look down and say "that's unbelievable". Not sure if you can get that for 1k or less tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
            Used swaro slc...
            Any ideas where I can find used ones?

Comment

I bought a pair of Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 12x50's a few months ago and I have been thoroughly impressed by them. They are $769.99 through the Leupold website but you can often find them new in the ~$650 range on various sites. Plus, Leupold's warranty and customer service has always been exceptional in my experience. Basically, if they break you send them in and they send you a new pair or fix them. I would make the argument that in the sub 1K range these are hard to beat.

You couldn't go wrong with a good used pair of Swarovski's but it may take a bit to find some in the price range. I know that the argument is often made on here about cheaper binoculars vs a high end pair. I agree that they will both work and ultimately achieve the same goal. My opinion though, once you use a good pair you will never look back. A high end pair of Leupold, Swarvorski, Zeiss, Leica, Vortex HD's, ect are just undeniably better and make for a more enjoyable hunting experience. I say, if you have the money than buy once, buy well, and enjoy them.

Comment

Zeiss Conquest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fordnandez View Post
                  Any ideas where I can find used ones?
                  This website is your best bet to find some. You can try 2cool or FB Marketplace also but I see more on TBH than anywhere else.

Comment

I'm on my 3rd pair & a big fan for buying used glass...8x32slc's to 10x42slc's now 10x42el's. Both 10x's came from tbh.

They pop up so you just gotta hit the shooting / hunting forums, eBay, gunbroker etc...don't overlook the 10x40 zeiss classics. Good glass for what you need & likely a little cheaper than slc's.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
                      Used swaro slc...
                      even used you looking at $1200 for 10x42

Comment

Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD 12x50's
                        Yep, just love mine.

Comment

Vortex viper 12x50s think I paid 700 or a little more 4 or 5 years ago. Zero complaints and I use them a lot guiding and scouting. Sit on dash in off season so they never really get a break.

Comment

Don’t overlook Steiner. Very good quality that you could a dang good pair brand new for around 1k$.

Comment

My nephew started guiding in Idaho and turned me on to Maven, I used my first pair this bow season and was impressed.

Comment

Working...
                              X