wind turbines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wind turbines

well .. we fought... but lost ... our hunting property is now surrounded by windmills .. the closest one is 120 yards from my fence line ...

deer season was a bust with constant traffic on the road and constant heavy machinery all around us.
    pretty much everything is nocturnal with a few deer seen during the day but no shooters ...

they also pushed pigs around .. we've seen quite a few , but mostly late into the night ..

did a fly by recon mission the other day ...

not sure what that did to my property value yet , but i can only assume it went down...

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVdxBy_uEpc&ab_channel=standbackitsgonnabl o"]Wind turbines - YouTube[/ame]
    Attached Files

That sucks! They are going in everywhere it seems

Comment

Dang you get free air in your stand and probably keeps the bugs away. Lol. I would hate those things.

Comment

not sure about the electromagnetic interference these may bring ... heard some people who live around them some time get seizures , as well as some ranchers report issues with cattle ... don't know , don't care right now... but it's pretty crappy of my neighbor to stick one 120 yards away from my fence line ... if that thing fell , it would end up on my property..

they sure didn't make any friends over this...

Comment

If it makes you feel any better we lost part of our lease this upcoming year to solar panels. What their giving the landowner to do it he'd be stupid not to. I work at a coal fired power plant so it sure doesn't help my career though

Comment

That sucks

There should be a law that they can be no closer to a property line than the distance it would take to contain them

The one behind that stand does not look like it is far enough to not squash you if it fell that direction

Comment

Dang, looks like the blades go over your property line?

Comment

We were informed a few weeks ago that our lease is going to be getting a few. I understand it is pain during the construction but how noisy are they after they are up and all the construction people are gone?

Comment

Hard to pass up 5k a year per windmill, but I do understand its not ideal. Animals will come back and get use to it.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Not going to lie though that pic of the windmill behind your blind looks cool. Almost surreal.

Comment

Either your blind is way out of level or the windmill is leaning.

Comment

Won’t bother the animals. Happened to us 10 yrs ago or so and by year 2 the deer were back and regular. Many got used to seeing daily traffic and only thing that worried me was someone poaching them. Some of the best hunting we have ever had now. Definitely don’t like to see or hear them but in a way they are pretty neat. Hopefully things go in your favor next season.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          Hard to pass up 5k a year per windmill, but I do understand its not ideal. Animals will come back and get use to it.
                          No. It's not. I didn't buy my place to look at windmills.

Comment

I wouldn't hunt that stand if there is any possibility that ice had formed on the blades. They start to spin and sling off sheets of ice in your direction.

Comment

We lost our lease after 19 yrs. Putting up over 200 windmills on the ranch and bordering neighbors

Comment

Working...
                              X