Do not usually rant, but….

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do not usually rant, but….

My insurance company is wearing me out. I have had a pain in my lower ribs, right below my right pec for about 3 months. My doctor has done x-rays and blood work and it shows nothing. He put in for a CT scan and insurances denied it. This pain is spreading all the way around my body, about where my diaphragm is and is there 24/7. It does not hurt to the touch but at times is so bad that it doubles me over. The insurance does not believe a CT scan is needed. I guess I will now appeal and hope to get it approved so that I can figure out why I have constant pain. The doctor is the “expert” and I pay insurance to help pay for his expertise in diagnosing and treating. Insurance is a crock of….

I think the second row of hell may be reserved for some of those folks! Maybe go to ER to get it figured out and let them pay for some of those visits?

Comment

Gall stones.

Comment

If you can't get it approved call a few imaging centers and ask them for a cash price. You can find ones that will do it for $5-$600. I know it sucks as you pay for this but it is a small price to pay for your health and piece of mind.

Comment

whos your ins? I might can help you out... if I can Ill waive the cost to you and only bill ins.

Pm me

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
            whos your ins? I might can help you out... if I can Ill waive the cost to you and only bill ins.

Pm me
            Very nice gesture. Ton of respect for this right here.

Comment

I had neck surgery back in 2015 and got it pre-approved before hand. After I had surgery I received bill from doctor saying insurance wasn’t going to pay because insurance called it exploratory surgery. I had artificial disc replacement. I called doctor and they said they would resubmit it. Once again I get a bill. So I call doctors office again and they told me not to worry about it. Not sure if Dr wrote it off or they settled with insurance some how, because I never heard anything else about it. Sad you have to go to battle with them.

Comment

In my experience, it has been my doctor who has appealed my insurance company. As you said, they are the experts and better able by far to provide the language necessary to affect a reversal of the decision.

Were I you, I would ask my doctor for his or her help.

Comment

Originally posted by Slinger View Post
                  Very nice gesture. Ton of respect for this right here.
                  X2

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post

Pm me
                    Sent you a pm. Thanks

Comment

Going through something similar with my son. Dr wants MRI on his wrist, but insurance won't pay until they've tried steroid injections and physical therapy. I don't know how he's supposed to do physical therapy, if we don't know what the issue is. Been dealing with this crap for over 3 months now and it looks like he's going to miss spring season of tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                        Going through something similar with my son. Dr wants MRI on his wrist, but insurance won't pay until they've tried steroid injections and physical therapy. I don't know how he's supposed to do physical therapy, if we don't know what the issue is. Been dealing with this crap for over 3 months now and it looks like he's going to miss spring season of tennis.
                        I guess they are in the business of making money.

Comment

Glad a tbher jumped in. I was denied a drug 4 years ago as BCBS wanted a fail first process when all research showed the biologics were 10x better. I bought my first dose while my doctor and pharmacist got on them. They approved in less than 3 weeks and zero issues since. Yes, it is a business with very few reasonable folks on the front lines.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                            I had neck surgery back in 2015 and got it pre-approved before hand. After I had surgery I received bill from doctor saying insurance wasn’t going to pay because insurance called it exploratory surgery. I had artificial disc replacement. I called doctor and they said they would resubmit it. Once again I get a bill. So I call doctors office again and they told me not to worry about it. Not sure if Dr wrote it off or they settled with insurance some how, because I never heard anything else about it. Sad you have to go to battle with them.

This just happened to me after my hand surgery back in October
                            Paid my full deductible before I walked in and asked several times if I would owe anything else and the answer was no, now I’m getting bills. I used to care and I’d at least call to try and straighten it out. Not anymore, bills go straight into the trash.
                            The insurance companies and the doctors made their bed, now they can lie in it.
                            The plain fact is the medical system has completely gone to ****z

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sometimes it's the doctors office personnel not correctly filling out the insurance statement. Not often but it does happen. Of course the insurance companies are just hunting a reason to delay payment hoping you pay the claim.

Comment

Working...
                              X