Major explosion, Exxon Baytown

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major explosion, Exxon Baytown

Anyone have more details. Hoping no fatalities or major injuries.

Authorities in Texas said they were investigating a "major industrial accident" at the Exxon Mobil Baytown Area plant.

Prayers for all at the personnel at the plant.

Comment

Prayers Sent for those involved.

Comment

No fatalities as of yet but a couple of people life flighted with burns.. Everything is under control and fire is out as of now.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers sent...

Comment

Prayers up I’m supposed to head there next month for BCEP project just finished the FCCU3 CAT earlier this year,

Comment

Prayers for all the burn victims and that there are no fatalities

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                Yea it looks really bad.. BIG fire.. Prayers for all involved.. These refineries are getting old.. Old and more dangerous...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...cF0wQvD_TYzp5v
                Fire is out and from what I have heard the fire was actually in the Olefins unit (one of them) so its in the newer portion of the plant. Sounds like it was on the drier/knock out systems de-meth/de-eth.

Exxon is having a rough time right now with people leaving, people on strike, workers being shuffled from Baytown to Beaumont to cover down. Its been a mess throughout COVID. I am not saying that this led to the incident, just something else they have been having to deal with for several months right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                  Fire is out and from what I have heard the fire was actually in the Olefins unit (one of them) so its in the newer portion of the plant. Sounds like it was on the drier/knock out systems de-meth/de-eth.

Exxon is having a rough time right now with people leaving, people on strike, workers being shuffled from Baytown to Beaumont to cover down. Its been a mess throughout COVID. I am not saying that this led to the incident, just something else they have been having to deal with for several months right now.

If it’s in the dryers that about 500 psi pressure with all kinds of stuff that likes to burn . Unit I worked had gas and liquid dryers side by side .

Comment

Hate to see this - Good luck to all the Families involved!

Comment

Man thats terrible, prayers for everyone there.

Comment

That’s a big fire! Hoping everything works out.

Comment

Last report I read said the explosion occurred in the Hydrotreating unit. The unit had been shut down Wednesday to repair a leaking bypass line. 4 contractors working on the bypass line were injured. 3 life flighted 1 treated locally. All in stable condition.

Comment

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
                            Last report I read said the explosion occurred in the Hydrotreating unit. The unit had been shut down Wednesday to repair a leaking bypass line. 4 contractors working on the bypass line were injured. 3 life flighted 1 treated locally. All in stable condition.

The hydrogen beds ?

Comment

Working...
                            X