Barria pork tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barria pork tacos

So I made a batch of my Barria pork tacos ( you can substitute just about any chicken fajita, beef fajita, venison fajita that you like) but I used pork today.

1- two or three pound pork butt or loin

1 rough chopped white onion

1 large pineapple-peeled cored and crushed (I’d only use this if you’re using pork)

1/2 cup orange juice

1/4 cup distilled white vinegar

2tbs ancho chili powder

4 cloves garlic- minced

1 small can of adobo sauce with chipotle pepper

1-1/2 tsp salt

1 tsp Mexican oregano

Slice pork into thin slices and put into the above marinade. Cover and chill in refrigerator. I leave mine in the marinade over night but leave it at least 3 hours

Fire up the blackstone and cook the pork until about what I’d call medium to medium well. Remove from griddle

I simply used a bag of frozen corn and cooked it on the griddle in the pork drippings until done and the removed from the griddle. We use to use homemade elote’ until my wife developed an intolerance to lactose…..so goes my life

Have frijoles cooked and ready… on standby with Oaxaca cheese, cilantro, chopped onions and salsa of your liking

Put another 1 or 2 jars if the adobo sauce into a container so you can place the flour tortilla into in, place tortilla adobo sauce side down onto griddle. Put beans, pork, corn, cilantro, cheese, onions, and a dab of salsa onto tortilla. Use spatula to fold in half….. cook until cheese starts to melt

Goes down well with a Sol Sunrise

Drink about a 1/4 if a well chilled Sol beer, pour in a shot of tequila, top it off with a shot of orange juice and a dash of grenadine and a squeeze of lime

Thank me later

Last edited by K. Lane; 12-22-2021, 08:55 AM.

Thank You, I love the recipes that also include pictures of process and the final turn out.

Comment

The tortilla goes into adobo sauce with nada mas? And it cooks in there or just gets soaked in it? Been wanting to see what the fuss is about with these things

Comment

I like that this is a quick version. Will give this a try, along with that sol sunrise

Comment

Working...
        X