Draw Hunt - Hill Country State Natural Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goofiefoot View Post
    Awesome! Looking forward to meeting y'all! Good luck out there.

Same to y’all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well, we’re here and oriented. We’re all set up in our assigned pop-up blinds. Mine seems a decent setup- I can see about 100 yds in each direction. Now we wait.

Comment

Well, we’re here and oriented. We’re all set up in our assigned pop-up blinds. Mine seems a decent setup- I can see about 100 yds in each direction. Now we wait.

That is the same stand my son and I hunted from. He shot a doe up the hill opposite from your first photo. He shot a pig down in the valley.

We saw a really nice 8pt that came from the same direction he shot the doe.

Good Luck!
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
          That is the same stand my son and I hunted from. He shot a doe up the hill opposite from your first photo. He shot a pig down in the valley.

We saw a really nice 8pt that came from the same direction he shot the doe.

Good Luck!

Awesome! Did y’all put any feed down in that bottom or were the animals just walking through?

Comment

good luck

Comment

Good luck guys! Keep us updated, I gotta 14 year old that is chomping at the bits to get there in few weeks for his hunt.

Comment

Awesome! Did y’all put any feed down in that bottom or were the animals just walking through?

We put corn down in the "valley" and up on the hill where he killed the doe. The deer definitely were coming to the corn we put up on the hill. We only saw pigs down in the bottom.

I thought it was a perfect scene for an axis to walk through.

Comment

Originally posted by salth2o View Post
                  We put corn down in the "valley" and up on the hill where he killed the doe. The deer definitely were coming to the corn we put up on the hill. We only saw pigs down in the bottom.

I thought it was a perfect scene for an axis to walk through.

Fantastic, thanks!

Comment

Any action today?

Comment

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                        Any action today?

I’m all set in the blind for the day. No action last night at my blind or our friends, but my dad saw two nice bucks. Only one doe had been taken when we left the check station last night. The staff is saying things have been slow.

All my corn was gone, so they know it’s here. Hopefully they’ll come back out during shooting times.

Comment

All my corn was gone, so they know it’s here. Hopefully they’ll come back out during shooting times.

Good deal! Good luck today!

Comment

I’m all set in the blind for the day. No action last night at my blind or our friends, but my dad saw two nice bucks. Only one doe had been taken when we left the check station last night. The staff is saying things have been slow.

My dad and I pretty much had the same luck yesterday. We saw bucks but no does. We both saw hogs as well. All of my corn was cleaned up this morning as well as most of my alfalfa. My dads area still had some corn when I dropped him off this morning, but there were deer already there this morning. Couldn’t tell what they were; if they were bucks or does though. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptTank View Post
                              My dad and I pretty much had the same luck yesterday. We saw bucks but no does. We both saw hogs as well. All of my corn was cleaned up this morning as well as most of my alfalfa. My dads area still had some corn when I dropped him off this morning, but there were deer already there this morning. Couldn’t tell what they were; if they were bucks or does though. Good luck to everyone.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by CaptTank View Post

Which stands did y’all get? We’re in 1, 2 & 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X