Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBD!!!!!!……….“Public Enemy” (I suck at posting, so this may take all day)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBD!!!!!!……….“Public Enemy” (I suck at posting, so this may take all day)

…. No, not these guys

My quest for a public land P&Y, has finally been accomplished. Could not be more excited and pumped for the experience and the awesome buck.

Y’all know I’m not too tech savvy, so bare with me…. Might take a few post to get it all in
    Attached Files

flava flav?

Comment

Bring it!

Comment

“Public Enemy”

Friday after thanksgiving my buddy Josh and I rolled out for a hunt I’ve been going in for 20 years. It’s my best chance to kill a true giant and I dream of this hunt from the day we return until thanksgiving the next year.

20 years ago I started hunting a piece of public land with a group of friends and we came in contact with another group that were ….. interesting
        I told my group that night “we’re either gonna fight em, or get along with em” … 20 years later they are some of my closest friends and we hunt together every year

(…. For real, I got a visitation to go too, … to be continued)

Comment

You can't do that! Send me the pics if you want. bobby

minchew

at g mail dotcom

Comment

Without pics it didn’t happen.

Comment

We got into town about 11:00 and unloaded at “RD’s” house and waited on intel of the area to attack first. We never know really where we will go until we … wake up really. Always bouncing around to capitalize on the limited time frame.

First afternoon to set out for our first sit in an attempt to catch bucks flanking a thicket and running doe into a dry slew. Had some water in beaver dam areas but mostly dry(mud).

First evening I seen 2 pigs and 1 of those is no longer with us….
              But liked what the area offered and the way it layed out, so I said tomorrow I’ll be here at daylight!

Parked at red and looped around the thicket to not disturb
              Yellow is wind
              Blue is bucks route
              Attached Files

Comment

Wait...are the yellow arrows supposed to be pointing the other direction? Or did y'all intentionally walk upwind of them? Or am I just seeing this wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                  Wait...are the yellow arrows supposed to be pointing the other direction? Or did y'all intentionally walk upwind of them? Or am I just seeing this wrong?
                  X2

But it doesn't sound like it matters if he killed his deer.

Comment

In for this one

Comment

Climbed the tree at daylight and started scanning buck brush. Didn’t take 20 minutes and 3 doe came out of thicket and headed towards my crossing eating shummard acorns. They got to my crossing and … for whatever reason turned and entered the slew. Few minutes later I see them at the brave dam but never crossed that I saw.

45 minutes roll by and a catch movement at beaver dam and this time a small spike walks a tight rope across slew on the ridge of beaver dam. He enters the nasty brush and is gone but now under “RD”…..

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                        X2

But it doesn't sound like it matters if he killed his deer.
                        We havent seen a pic yet

Comment

Originally posted by TxDispatcher View Post
                          …. It’s a LONG way around. Several deep draws and ridges it’s .77 miles way the crow flys

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                            …. It’s a LONG way around. Several deep draws and ridges
                            10-4

Now get on with the story

Comment

At 9:00 I scan across water crossing and see a piece of deer and some horn

Sorry guys real busy

Comment

Working...
                              X