Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good stuff, thank you sir

Comment

Any idea how many folks actually show to these hunts? I think they award 40 permits/hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by VonHammer View Post
        Any idea how many folks actually show to these hunts? I think they award 40 permits/hunt.
        I'm not sure but at first impression it seemed like it would be a lot of people to me when I drew this hunt 2 years ago. However, I never once saw another person in the field and only shared a parking area with 1 other guy who was hunting the opposite direction from where I was. I never saw anywhere close to 40 vehicles either at all of the parking areas when driving around midday. I usually try to find the most remote deep spots possible but you can't go too remote or deep there without crossing over to the next county road. Even then it seemed like there was plenty of space.

Comment

Can this hunt hurry up already!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just got an email today from Tpwd. I finally got drawn on a hunt. Lower rio grande valley nwr exotic. 02/03/-02/06/2022. I had only 2 pref points. I didn't get drawn on the chap with 37 pref points. Finally maybe my luck is changing

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
              Just got an email today from Tpwd. I finally got drawn on a hunt. Lower rio grande valley nwr exotic. 02/03/-02/06/2022. I had only 2 pref points. I didn't get drawn on the chap with 37 pref points. Finally maybe my luck is changing
              Which unit?

Comment

So there will be an extra tag, possibly two, for exotic only for 2/17/2022 to 2/20/22 that I will not be purchasing due to work load. If I don't do the hunt, my hunt partner probably will not do it either. Who ever gets it (them), you're welcome.

Comment

Teniente unit. Anyone hunted there? Any pointers.? What about places to stay etc? Thanks.

Comment

I think Glen hunted there before. send him a PM.

Comment

Teniente unit. Anyone hunted there? Any pointers.? What about places to stay etc? Thanks.
                      Stay in Raymondville
                      If I remember correctly, unit has 3 roads running north/south use the roads to scout where you want to setup
                      Attached Files

Comment

As S-3 said. Stay in Raymondville. Holiday inn is 15-18 minutes away. For a rifle there are some good senderos (or was in 2018) cut in each section of the unit. On the Eastern section, the dry lake bed will be a good spot to sit with a rifle. I saw a bunch of nilgai crossing there they out the day but I had a bow so not shots offered/taken

Comment

The grass should be higher than last year. From what I heard from some folks in the area, the section to the east is used by illegals to walk north towards the huge ranches there. Also if anyone wants to hunt that area be care full not to cross onto the section of the refuge that connects to the north east corner, People had been caught there scouting, tracking and by mistake and it ended their hunt. good luck to all.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                            As S-3 said. Stay in Raymondville. Holiday inn is 15-18 minutes away. For a rifle there are some good senderos (or was in 2018) cut in each section of the unit. On the Eastern section, the dry lake bed will be a good spot to sit with a rifle. I saw a bunch of nilgai crossing there they out the day but I had a bow so not shots offered/taken
                            Landscape has changed a little out there, that dry lake bed is now full of water!

Comment

Anyone hunted this year already ?

Has anyone hunted this year already ?

Comment

No sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X