No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waiting on the Cowboys game...Hurry up Friday!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=osochuck;15905655]Thanks bro, how about mosquitoes?
      Mosquitos are the least of worries for me. If there’s water, they’ll be there. It’s the ticks and chiggers I try to protect from. I have bad memories and scars thanks to them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOtE

Comment

Sprayed everything down with permithren. Let it all dry good and load up.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          Sprayed everything down with permithren. Let it all dry good and load up.

Just did my clothes today.

Comment

Cold front arriving on Thursday , hope the temp change helps out

Comment

I have been putting in for draw hunts for 9 years and never drew. So far this year I’ve drawn 4 nilgai hunts! I accepted 2. Me, my daughter and a friend will rifle hunt 11/19 laguna atascosa and then the same friend and I will archery hunt the Teniente unit.

Going to be a great year.

Comment

Was anyone else told unit 6 is closed?

Comment

Originally posted by BeetleGuy View Post
                  I have been putting in for draw hunts for 9 years and never drew. So far this year I’ve drawn 4 nilgai hunts! I accepted 2. Me, my daughter and a friend will rifle hunt 11/19 laguna atascosa and then the same friend and I will archery hunt the Teniente unit.

Going to be a great year.

Wow! When it rains it pours! Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by BillyJack1975 View Post
                    Was anyone else told unit 6 is closed?

Well according to the last email sent out for this first week archery hunt it is closed. But for the first email we received it was still open as well as unit 4. Now they are saying 4 and 6 are closed.

Comment

Looks like a cold front per week for the next few weeks, hopefully each front will get as far south as LANWR and we'll all enjoy some fine hunting wx. Just starting to assemble the pile of gear, Permethrin soak the clothes, getting amped up to head down in 8 days.

Comment

I called and it looks like Unit 4 will be open for 1st hunt after all. They are sending an updated map at 13:00, so we will see.

Comment

Just got the email. Unit 4 is open to hunt. Although the instructions are not clear if we are able to launch boat/yak from the park to go over to unit 4.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                            Just got the email. Unit 4 is open to hunt. Although the instructions are not clear if we are able to launch boat/yak from the park to go over to unit 4.

Wow, you all are lucky! That place should be full of nilgai. You guys push them north. I'm going to be on the El Sauz on Friday.

Comment

Dang!!! That changes my plans. Switching from bike to kayak. Can only beach on south side and nowhere else

Comment

Where would launch the Kayak? I don't know anything about unit 4...other than it has lots of Nilgai. Is by water(south side) the only way to get to that unit? I'll be down there this week, but hadn't planed/prepared to go to unit 4. hmmm

Comment

Working...
                                X