X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Texas loves Louisiana. Texas dislikes California

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
      True Dat. Growing up there was as many Cajuns in Port Author as there was in South LA. I’m surprised Texans weren’t building a wall.
      From the mid-1970s to the early 1980s I worked for a moving company run by a Cajun from Cottonport/Plaucheville area. The “big city” in his parish was Bunkie.

His cousin by marriage and my coworker was from Rayne. If they were both alive they would be between 90 and 100 years old right now.

They used to say that there were more Cajuns in southeast Texas and around Port Arthur than there were in Louisiana. With all the Heberts, Tulliers, Holliers, Moutons, Trahans.,all the “-eauxs”, etc., I would tend to believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        From the mid-1970s to the early 1980s I worked for a moving company run by a Cajun from Cottonport/Plaucheville area. The “big city” in his parish was Bunkie.

His cousin by marriage and my coworker was from Rayne. If they were both alive they would be between 90 and 100 years old right now.

They used to say that there were more Cajuns in southeast Texas and around Port Arthur than there were in Louisiana. With all the Heberts, Tulliers, Holliers, Moutons, Trahans.,all the “-eauxs”, etc., I would tend to believe it.
        But they've lost their way. I work in Orange with some that cannot even pronounce their own last names correctly. 2 examples are Hebert and Cormier. Dey cant say it right

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
          Lol it's true, cajun country is not way up der

I guess that’s true, however she married my grandfather who was from Church Point and lived there and in lake Charles most her life. If you live in either of those areas you may know some of my Kin. Last name is Doucet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
            I guess that’s true, however she married my grandfather who was from Church Point and lived there and in lake Charles most her life. If you live in either of those areas you may know some of my Kin. Last name is Doucet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I went school wit some Doucets from Westlake

Comment

Originally posted by Duckologist View Post
              But they've lost their way. I work in Orange with some that cannot even pronounce their own last names correctly. 2 examples are Hebert and Cormier. Dey cant say it right

Nah, they just got tired of explaining it to people.

It is like Vietnamese trying to explain to people that Tran is pronounced Chun but eventually giving up…..

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                Nah, they just got tired of explaining it to people.

It is like Vietnamese trying to explain to people that Tran is pronounced Chun but eventually giving up…..
                This man gets it.

Comment

Working...
                X