Covid and the constant sore throat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TradHunter View Post
    Get your dr. to prescribe you Benzonatate. It works on sore throats. Did wonders for me during my covid experience.
    I'm gonna see what this is about - I have gotten over everything but the stupid throat crap. Cant stop from coughing.

Comment

Ginger root peeled sliced smashed a little and boiled into tea add honey to tast
      Great for the sore throat

Comment

Your good to go, by the time you try everything listed on here it will be over.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          I'm gonna see what this is about - I have gotten over everything but the stupid throat crap. Cant stop from coughing.
          I’m going on week 3 of sore throat and cough after having it over Christmas. I was told it could last up to a month with this new variant

Comment

I had a really painful sore throat, worse at night for 2 nights. Before bed the third night I gargled with warm water with a teaspoon or so of salt. The sore throat was a lot better that night and the next day. I continued gargling with salt water before bed for several days after that.

Comment

I’m on day 8 and the last 5 days my throat has been on fire. It’s the only symptom I’ve had, otherwise I feel completely fine.
              The first time I had Covid I had a very raw throat but it didn’t last this long and I had many other symptoms.
              Ive tried everything and nothing seems to ease the pain for more than a short period of time.
              I hope this doesn’t last much longer, I need to eat some meat soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Diagnosed as positive yesterday, the wife negative but it was the Rapid test.

My Aches, chills and congestion, coughing and runny nose started Monday. No fever. Wife started with the same Tuesday, but a negative test.

My sore throat was just one day and i think it was due to drainage and coughing. I have felt fine for the last 2 days but the wife's is still lingering.

Mom always made me gargle warm salt water for a soar throat, always worked.

Comment

Yea the worst for me was the sore throat. I kept popping the sore throat stuff to numb it. About all you can do

Comment

Originally posted by bcmuzzy View Post
                    I have a slight sore throat nasal drip, but my lower back is killing me!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Ditto on my lower back hurting something fierce. Aches when I lay down at night. Been hurting since Tuesday night.

Comment

I for one HOPE that there will be a time when the World hold someone accountable for this China Virus.....(Oh, Did I say that Out Loud?)

Comment

Thursday woke up feeling fine. Thursday night had body aches worse than ever and that turned into uncontrollable shivering chills that would turn into a hot and sweaty 5 minutes or so then back to cold. Aches in my legs, arms, back, and shoulders. Ibuprofen and Advil alternating every three hours has my aches turned into more of a soreness feeling. Rapid test Friday morning showed negative but over 100 temp. Rapid test this morning had a faint dark spot on the positive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtarcher View Post
                          Today is day 3 of my battle with Covid. Since Saturday (day 1) my highest fever has been 101.4 and most recently is sitting at 99.2. The only symptoms I have, aside from the fever, is the post nasal drip and a sore throat from the gates of Hades! Nothing I have done will put that fire out. Not lozenges, salt water gargle, or ibuprofen will touch it. Actually, the lozenges help, but I have to continually pop one in my mouth to keep the pain at bay.

Are there any tried and true green screen remedies?

Todd
                          Sounds like you might have some strep going on there too.

Comment

I'm on my 2nd bout of the coof. Original recipe(Jan 2021) was flu/sinus infection like, short bout of fever, no soreness, very tired... caught up on some good sleep.
                            Treated with HCQ, steroid and something else the doc prescribed.

The last go-round couple weeks ago (Omicron I assume: didn't get tested), woke up sore as hell, all large muscle groups, sore throat with swollen tonsils, headache, ran fever for about a full day, never higher that 101.x alternated from freezing chills to sweating like a whore in church. Was good to go in about 48 hrs.
                            Treated with the common sups, vitamins and TSC Iver.

Still unvaxed

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                              What triggers your cough, is it like constant or mostly triggered by talking, other wise just generally rotates like you are trying to clear your throat or an asthmatic type cough? (breathe a little, cough a little... pause, repeat)

I've gotten this particular type of cough for about 10 years now, every year around this time of season. I will tolerate it for a while, then finally cave in and go to my doc, who the gives me the same steroid shot and clears me up in 2 days or less. Worst year of it he also put me on Singular, but I haven't had to take it in a couple years.

Comment

Originally posted by Colton View Post
                                I might have Covid then
                                Don't feel bad... everyone has had or will have it, in time.

Comment

Working...
                                X