MLD fees to hire more biologist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MLD fees to hire more biologist

Parks and Wildlife has had the extra money from MLD participants for quite a while. This was proposed so that they could hire more biologist. Where are they? Have they been on a hiring blitz but haven't publicized it? Anybody have the inside scoop?

Good question!

I havent seen or heard of anymore locally

Comment

It's the government. They now need to raise the fees again to hire some people in HR to hire the biologists. For now, just keep complying, the government is here to help...

Comment

“I’m from the government and I’m here to help you”

The ten most scary words in the English language…..Ronald Reagan

Comment

They will need more people and stations once the whole state goes full on CWD testing.

Comment

Its the government silly!

Comment

A friend of mine's kid is still in college and isn't quite ready to apply yet, but he keeps an eye on the job boards. They hired some last summer and apparently there will be more this summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Deerguy View Post
                A friend of mine's kid is still in college and isn't quite ready to apply yet, but he keeps an eye on the job boards. They hired some last summer and apparently there will be more this summer.
                They probably have been hiring every summer. Are they replacements or new positions?

Comment

You can go to this link:

Click on your region, then county and find all the biologist assigned to your county.
                  Call them and ask them to evaluate your program. You are paying their salary, may as well get some advice from them.. You can choose to ignore it if you don't agree!

Comment

New. That's what you were talking about right?

Comment

The Colorado County biologist was covering both Colorado and Austin. As a product of the MLD fee, TPWD hired another biologist and placed him in Austin County. Can't speak for the rest of the state.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                        The Colorado County biologist was covering both Colorado and Austin. As a product of the MLD fee, TPWD hired another biologist and placed him in Austin County. Can't speak for the rest of the state.
                        Same with our county, we had one biologist last year that was covering us and several surrounding counties. This year we had a new biologist covering our county and a neighboring county with I believe 2 other biologists, and our original biologist is now covering only one county next to us.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd like to know how many MLD guys actually use the state biologist for anything other than just getting the permits...

Comment

A small percentage, I'm sure Chance. But is that on the state or the land owner?

I'm not saying I 100% agree with the new fee but the additional work the state brought on themselves by initiating the MLD program negatively effected other areas of their job. The retroactive nature of instituting a fee now rather than at the beginning is where they went wrong IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad_E View Post
                              A small percentage, I'm sure Chance. But is that on the state or the land owner?

I'm not saying I 100% agree with the new fee but the additional work the state brought on themselves by initiating the MLD program negatively effected other areas of their job. The retroactive nature of instituting a fee now rather than at the beginning is where they went wrong IMO.
                              What is this additional workload that you speak of? Biologist used to do the deer counts. Now MLD participants do that for them. Biologist used to issue doe tags. Now they issue MLD tags. I'm not seeing the additional work load. Actually I see a reduction.

Comment

Working...
                              X