Question for the f250 guyes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the f250 guyes

Took our 2015 F250 4x4 gas into a dealership at the end of Nov for a new transmission 189k miles. told them I wanted a new tranny. Over a week later they called and said the tranny was toast and what did I want done.
    I told them again put in a new tranny.
    OK we will but you have to have a new cooler for Ford to warranty it. Im good with that.
    got a call before Christmas that it should be ready on the 23.
    Called the 28th and was told technition was out on vacation till after the first b.
    Called on the 3rd and told me the engine had no power. Now I loaded the p/u and drove it on thr day it was delivered.
    I told them i had to check with the owner and would call right back. I called 11 minutes later and told then to start.
    Called on the 5th to check on the truck and was told that since I hadnt called right back my truck was at the end of the line again
    I told the to get my bill ready and I will pick it uo and take it elsewhere.
    The motor only has 80k on it.
    Possible problems

You took it to the wrong place

Comment

Well I’m confused. Does it have 189k or 80k miles ? You said “our” F250 then you said you’d have to check with the owner ?

Comment

After needing a motor at 109k and a tranny at 189k, I think I would be talking about trading the truck.

Comment

Can’t figure out the details…. But #1 service manager failed… #2 service department failed…. which probably is why #1 failed… and in turn caused #2 to fail

Like mentioned above… you went to the wrong place

Comment

So the engine and transmission just happened to go out at the same time? Or the engine was the culprit all along?

Comment

Dealerships sell cars and replace parts. They are not mechanics and I wouldn't trust them to change my wiper blades.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                Dealerships sell cars and replace parts. They are not mechanics and I wouldn't trust them to change my wiper blades.
                …. Not mine

All GOOD dealerships make waaaayyyy more money on service than selling cars. And service sells more cars than “looking for a deal”. I always laugh when people drive the county to save $7.42 on a car then raise $&@% when local dealership don’t give em a reach around cause their check engine light came on. Loyalty means something to a business

If I called my dealer now for anything I can guarantee it will be handled to the best it could be… and that’s why I use them

Comment

Possible problems? The dealership. Every level of communication.

Put it back together. Make it run. Trade it in.

Comment

Originally posted by CWKATTNER View Post
                    After needing a motor at 109k and a tranny at 189k, I think I would be talking about trading the truck.
                    This here or run it off a cliff.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                      …. Not mine

All GOOD dealerships make waaaayyyy more money on service than selling cars. And service sells more cars than “looking for a deal”. I always laugh when people drive the county to save $7.42 on a car then raise $&@% when local dealership don’t give em a reach around cause their check engine light came on. Loyalty means something to a business

If I called my dealer now for anything I can guarantee it will be handled to the best it could be… and that’s why I use them
                      100% agree

Comment

Working...
                      X