Looking for Oklahoma Lease

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for Oklahoma Lease

I moved to Northeast Texas a few years ago and its really cutting into my hunting time to drive all the way to west Texas to kill deer. I just need something within about 3 hours of Longview, Tx. So, I'm looking for a lease in South/East Oklahoma. Ive never hunted in Oklahoma so I'm sure it will be a whole new experience. I'm primarily a bowhunter but do drop one every now and again with the rifle. I have a pretty good hunting allowance so I'm not opposed to something nice. Does Oklahoma have something similar to the MLD program in Texas? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

Originally posted by eastex56 View Post
    I moved to Northeast Texas a few years ago and its really cutting into my hunting time to drive all the way to west Texas to kill deer. I just need something within about 3 hours of Longview, Tx. So, I'm looking for a lease in South/East Oklahoma. Ive never hunted in Oklahoma so I'm sure it will be a whole new experience. I'm primarily a bowhunter but do drop one every now and again with the rifle. I have a pretty good hunting allowance so I'm not opposed to something nice. Does Oklahoma have something similar to the MLD program in Texas? Any help or suggestions are greatly appreciated!!

I’m looking too if you need another to make something work
    Not sure on the mld but with 6 deer allowance on your license not sure if you need mld
    I’ve hunter Oklahoma the last 6 yrs and I love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll keep you in mind if I find something interesting. I'm originally from down your way. Lived in Baytown/LaPorte for most of my life. Worked 42 yrs in Deer Park/Pasadena area before moving to Longview. I LOVE northeast Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by eastex56 View Post
        I'll keep you in mind if I find something interesting. I'm originally from down your way. Lived in Baytown/LaPorte for most of my life. Worked 42 yrs in Deer Park/Pasadena area before moving to Longview. I LOVE northeast Texas.

Well I grew up in Anahuac
        I live in deer park because my wife is from Pasadena
        Can’t wait to get out. We have a place just north of Fairfield on the backside of Richland chambers
        I’m counting down the years and we will be there full time
        I hate it here
        My place puts me close to Oklahoma, only three hours from the place I’ve hunted the last 6 years.

I’ve got contacts looking for me a place now but always happy to team up on a good place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There’s a WHOLE bunch of public land in that part of Oklahoma.

Comment

Working...
          X