Netflix: 14 peaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netflix: 14 peaks

For you guys looking for something to watch...

It's a documentary about a climber from Nepal who climbs and summits all of the world's 14 highest peaks

In 6 months. It took the first person 16 years.

There is a little back story with him, his family and his military career as well. Worth a watch for sure

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Watched it last night, very enjoyable. IMO The Alpinist is Way better.

Comment

Watched both of those and really enjoyed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Tagged

Comment

We literally just finished - amazing what some people accomplish in a lifetime. The fact that they party and then climb them hungover is insane to me

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdCoastHunter View Post
            We literally just finished - amazing what some people accomplish in a lifetime. The fact that they party and then climb them hungover is insane to me
            They run on treadmills & breath through straws, they ain't nothing like us haha

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
              No lie nepalians are a different breed

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                Truth!!!

Whoever thought about climbing 8000+ feet after an all nighter

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

“Some times when you think you’re f*****, you’re only 45% f*****.” Quite the statement and it rings true. What’s crazy is they also went back up and rescued a climber after they had already come off from reaching the summit.

The alpinist, the whole time I kept telling myself, 100$ this guy got even more careless on a climb and died. You can’t play with fire without burning. Decent film though!

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation. Mountaineering books make up a good portion of my bookshelf. If you want to know how dangerous it is, read a book about any of the 8,000m peaks, then Google the names in the book. If the story has much age you'll find quite a few of them have probably died on a mountain since it's release.

Comment

I’ll try it out.

Finally got around to watching Free Solo. CRAZY!

Comment

Working...
                      X