• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Voodoo View Post
    Glen ain’t with them anymore
    Wonder why?

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
      I will send a PM to Glen and reserve my judgement but I am getting a similar message once connected.

I discovered the same thing yesterday. Really disappointing, the hog and predator calls they have are excellent. I’ll be following this to see what solutions the group finds. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here's the reply from Convergent Technology:

Ben,

Convergent apps were created from the start as an interface to allow people that purchased Convergent products to operate and control Convergent products. Convergent has never marketed, promoted, nor endorsed the use of our app in any other way. The description in the apps stores clearly states that they were designed to work in conjunction with Convergent products. Convergent has received complaints from people using our proprietary apps with products to which they are not intended. These complaints include poor quality sound, poor connectivity, and limited range. This change was implemented to protect the integrity of our sounds as well as our products. We are looking into ways to which would could allow the use with non-Convergent products while still maintaining the integrity of our products, sounds and intent.

Byron South

bsouth@convergenthunting.com
        2190 Regal Pkwy, Euless, TX 76040
        817-571-0286

Note that claim that the app was never marketed or promoted for general Bluetooth speakers is false or an outright lie. See the beginning of this thread.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

I understand to some degree convergent’s concern. They want the best products out there.

Maybe there should be a setting that allows other Bluetooth speakers but tells you don’t call them for support if not using their speakers.

It was wrong for the app to work initially and they change it mid stroke. By virtue of it always previously working with other Bluetooth devices it is proof alien scones claim of “lie”.

Comment

Whoever made the decision to block other Bluetooth speakers made a really poor business decision.

Honey vs vinagar.

Just a few seconds of thought could have avoided this.

Should have instead:

Play an advert showing the benefits of the overpriced speaker. Popup a link to their website with a $25 off coupon.

But, whatever.

please excuse brevity and dictation errors.

Comment

Originally posted by gusbus1 View Post
              I discovered the same thing yesterday. Really disappointing, the hog and predator calls they have are excellent. I’ll be following this to see what solutions the group finds. Thank you.

I got a response from Glenn very quickly on some ideas. Just don't want to blast them here in case new owners may try to prevent work arounds. PM me or Glenn and will share ideas.

Comment

you can do one of two things change the name to your speaker to Bullet 0 07 with spacing or do a screen record, save files and play like music. Works with most speakers.

I am no longer associated with convergent.

Comment

How do you add the Glenn guess calls? I don’t see a place to purchase them on the app.

Comment

I'm interested in purchasing Glens call too. Anyone know how to get this working? Please PM me if you don't want to post here. Thanks!
                    Last edited by piercebronkite; 12-08-2021, 09:50 AM.

Comment

For the record I am no longer associated with convergent.
                      that said, you have to buy their app then scroll down and do an in app purchase of my sounds.
                      just an fyi they have made the app proprietary, but there are ways around that.

Comment

Originally posted by Guess View Post
                        that said, you have to buy their app then scroll down and do an in app purchase of my sounds.
                        Are you associated with anyone now?

Comment

Thank you. Whats the best hog call in your opinion? One of the places I hunt has lots of hogs but they are very random when they show up. They are never consistent.

It also appears that you can unlock the bluetooth option for $25 allowing you to use your own bluetooth device and not their Bullet speaker.
                          Last edited by piercebronkite; 12-08-2021, 11:09 AM.

Comment

I found them, thanks! There are a lot more sounds than I realized. Can you give any advice or point me to any videos on when to use certain calls?

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                              I found them, thanks! There are a lot more sounds than I realized. Can you give any advice or point me to any videos on when to use certain calls?

The Late Night Vision Show has interviewed Glenn a couple times and he has provided some good advice in those interviews on which calls to use, when to use them, how long and how loud.

Also on YouTube and podcasts.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                                It also appears that you can unlock the bluetooth option for $25 allowing you to use your own bluetooth device and not their Bullet speaker.
                                If you read this thread carefully, there are instructions on how to restore the original bluetooth functionality of the app without having to pay the extra $25.

Comment

Working...
                                X