Shrimp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shrimp

As long as it’s Gulf of Mexico shrimp it doesn’t matter if you buy it from a bait shop or grocery store correct?

Yep saw someone get a ticket the other day for using shrimp farmed somewhere Outta country

Comment

for what use?

Bait?

Food?

Comment

Food, yes. Most bait shrimp are brown shrimp, food shrimp you want white shrimp. I believe this is accurate, maybe a shrimper will chime in with more better info...

Comment

I would not buy shrimp for consumption at a bait shop. If you are using for bait, then yes. Has to be from the gulf of mexico.

Comment

I know where I buy seafood and bait in Matagorda his store is divided with food seafood on one side and bait on the other. He can't even ring up bait shrimp and food shrimp on the same ticket.

Comment

once it goes into the Bait tank it is Bait and cannot be sold as food.

Fresh dead... it can be both bait or food. It comes out of the same tank on the boat.

But once it is bait it can never become food. But food can become bait.

Comment

Originally posted by powderburner View Post
                once it goes into the Bait tank it is Bait and cannot be sold as food.

Fresh dead... it can be both bait or food. It comes out of the same tank on the boat.

But once it is bait it can never become food. But food can become bait.
                That's why I save them bug shrimp out of thr bait well till the end of the day...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

make sure the bait shop doesn't add Acetone to the water to freshen it up and make the shrimp lively. Yes they do!

Comment

Originally posted by HCON3 View Post
                    make sure the bait shop doesn't add Acetone to the water to freshen it up and make the shrimp lively. Yes they do!
                    Must be a Florida thing
                    I've never heard of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                      That's why I save them bug shrimp out of thr bait well till the end of the day...

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
                      If you've ever boiled up your left over bait shrimp you're safe from covid

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                        You might be a redneck!

Comment

Comment

Buy it by the lb or by the pint, shrimp is shrimp. Lived on the coast all my life, grew up eating shrimp, step brother’s father n law owned a bunch of gulf shrimp boats. We ate brown and white shrimp. Certain times of the year there are more white shrimp, certain times more brown.

I won’t buy farm raised. Most of that is from over seas and not as good as gulf shrimp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
                              Lol

Comment

Working...
                              X