Total Knee Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
    getting it to straighten out is actually pretty simple as soon as the incision heals up. fill the bath tub up with pretty hot water and soak it for a while. Put something under your heal not so tall it pushes you knee out of the water and slowly start to push down on the knee. this worked pretty well for me and it was much less painful than the foam block the therapist uses

Yesterday my PT used the little foam block and the PTA to get around 3 degrees. PT can’t weigh 110 pounds but her assistant was able to add quite a bit more pressure after the PT massaged my kneecap for a few minutes. Not fun. I’m less than 2 weeks in so still a lot of inflammation.

Comment

Thursday week I go in for MAKOplasty robotic arm partial knee resurfacing. They go in and actually resurface the arthritic parts of my knee and put in implants. Leads to a quicker recovery and preserves healthy tissue and bone. Doesn't mean that complete knee replacement isn't in my future but my ortho doctor says I am good candidate for this. Start rehab the following Monday. Hoping this will get me back into a deer stand before season is over.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
        I used one of these pumps recovering from surgery for a torn meniscus. You’re right, it was definitely a lifesaver. You fill an ice-chest-like hopper with ice and water and it lasts for 24 hours before the ice needs to be replaced. And when you’ve had knee surgery, the last thing you want to have to do is get up and down every hour to replace your ice.
        Mike I have one of these in the attic somewhere if you need it. We can figure out how to get it there.

Comment

Glad to see the ice pump will run for 24 hours between replacing ice. I finally broke down and ordered one off of Amazon and it will be here tomorrow. Pain has been a challenge. I don't think the pain pills are doing that much so hoping to use more ice and only medication before PT with professionals. Wife is willing to get up every couple of hours but that doesn't make it easy for her and I really don't like waking her up any more than the dogs already do.

Comment

Thanks Kevin but I bought one. Good news, reached 130 ROM without assistance. Doctors goal was 128. No forced manipulation in future. I have been working hard on my PT and it’s paying off. Doctor released me to get out of the house and back to driving. Headed to the ranch Friday. I can sit in blind just as good as at home. Swelling is still present but able to to walk around using a cane. I can put more weight on it this week and even walking short distances without cane. Wife is already on me about “ honey do’s, so I’m kinda of milking it. Thanks to all for prayers, advice and thoughts.

Comment

Originally posted by gatt40 View Post
              Thanks Kevin but I bought one. Good news, reached 130 ROM without assistance. Doctors goal was 128. No forced manipulation in future. I have been working hard on my PT and it’s paying off. Doctor released me to get out of the house and back to driving. Headed to the ranch Friday. I can sit in blind just as good as at home. Swelling is still present but able to to walk around using a cane. I can put more weight on it this week and even walking short distances without cane. Wife is already on me about “ honey do’s, so I’m kinda of milking it. Thanks to all for prayers, advice and thoughts.

Awesome that you reached goal without any forced manipulation and can start doing things. “Forced manipulation” didn’t sound like any fun.

Comment

Working...
              X