No announcement yet.

CPAP or APAP users - Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was super apprehensive to start using it. My nephew asperated into his mask and died. I don't know the whole story but I suspect he was drunk at the time.
    Less than a week after switching from full mask (didn't work with my beard) to nasal pillows. I have always been one to toss and turn all night so I was sure I'd be all tangled up and never get it figured out but before I knew it I was waking up in the same position I went to bed in... unheard of for me. Much better rested. I do still roll sided to side occasionally so I made a hook to hang the hose from the headboard which keeps it up off me. Big improvement.
    Last edited by Gunnyart; 10-28-2021, 11:42 AM.

Comment

What Smart said.

A Cardiologist found mine while I was wearing a heart monitor. I then did the sleep study and got the prescription for machine and settings. I was fitted at the home health outlet.
      Bottom line: When you stop breathing, your heart stops. The Hyperventilation you experience in gasping for air, wakes you up. Provided your heart restarts.
      With this in mind it took me maybe 5 days to get on board with the program.

Comment

No time at all. i could tell a difference in 2-3 days.

Comment

10 years in and never looked back! I also had the right attitude as I was having heart issues brought on by apnea. Got used to it right away and won't leave home without it. BTW, I use the Aloha mask with nasal pillows

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnyart View Post
            I was super apprehensive to start using it. My nephew asperated into his mask and died. I don't know the whole story but I suspect he was drunk at the time.
            Less than a week after switching from full mask (didn't work with my beard) to nasal pillows. I have always been one to toss and turn all night so I was sure I'd be all tangled up and never get it figured out but before I knew it I was waking up in the same position I went to bed in... unheard of for me. Much better rested. I do still roll sided to side occasionally so I made a hook to hang the hose from the headboard which keeps it up off me. Big improvement.
            I meant to tell everyone to hang the hose over the headboard. When I first got my CPAP I was on third shift. Nobody home during the day except me. I woke up one day gagging and choking. I had rolled in my sleep and the hose was around my neck. Scared the bageeezus out of me.

Comment

If they prescribe a full face mask and you switch to nasal only ot may be defeating the purpose.

I could not stand tge full thing. No way in hell it was going to work. I got an Amaraview. Huge difference.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 10-28-2021, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X