Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what to use to kill a hackberry tree

besides a chainsaw? thanks

Remedy and diesel works great! I killed 2 monster Hackberry's with it at my old house. Right now is the best time to do it with it being hot outside.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Bore 4 or 5 holes near the base and pour grrr gasoline in them. It will die..

Comment

How big is it? An inch or so you can scar the bark and kill it with brush killer. A big tree you can ring it with a chainsaw. It will die completely in 2 seasons.
        Last edited by Walker; 06-12-2021, 08:01 PM.

Comment

Cut it down while green. Then drill holes about 1 inch ID, pour diesel into holes. The stump will die to where you can kick it over and clean up the remains.

Comment

Just water it and fertilize it and love it and it will die on a calm day and fall over just to **** you off.

Comment

Remedy or Tordon would be my suggestions. Both are best applied to a wound. This is often times referred to as “Hack and Squirt” seeing as you hack the tree with a hatchet to break the bark, then spray the mixture in the wound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                Just water it and fertilize it and love it and it will die on a calm day and fall over just to **** you off.

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Skid steer with a mulcher on it

Comment

Have it relocated instead of killing it.

Comment

I haven't found a tree yet I couldn't take down by first "girdling" it, or "ringing" it with a hatchet and then spraying that ring with a 80/20 mix of diesel and Remedy. Pronone pellets will also kill just about anything, but often about twice as many are needed as are recommended. In the case of hackberry, you could probably park your car under it for a few days and make it fall over....
                      Last edited by softpoint; 06-13-2021, 07:17 AM.

Comment

tree kill

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                        Remedy or Tordon would be my suggestions. Both are best applied to a wound. This is often times referred to as “Hack and Squirt” seeing as you hack the tree with a hatchet to break the bark, then spray the mixture in the wound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Tordon RTU at TSC...Had great luck with TORDON RTU...The RTU sounds exotic (simply means ready to use)..

I'm sure REMEDY works fine as IKE said ..I just never used it...

Comment

I’m just curious why you want to kill it?

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                            Now that’s funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Oleman View Post
                              Cut it down while green. Then drill holes about 1 inch ID, pour diesel into holes. The stump will die to where you can kick it over and clean up the remains.
                              X2

This cut it down, drill stump, pour diesel into holes has worked for me too.

Comment

Working...
                              X