3rd annual trip to Extreme Bowhunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3rd annual trip to Extreme Bowhunting

We just got back to Washington State after a return trip to Brackettville Texas and the great folks at Extreme Bowhunting. I would love to tell you this is a pic heavy thread with dozens of photos of the animals we took. Sadly that will not be the case. We had 3 1/2 days on the ranch but to say it was tough hunting would be an understatement. Short story, we did not harvest any animals. I know that sounds bad, but we all had opportunities. Even with the weather being EXACTLY perfect that nothing needed to come in to corn, on "most" sets we did see some animals. I personally never had a good whitetail come in, but both of my hunting partners did. I think they both just gambled in hopes for a monster. On the last morning we (my hunting partner) drew 1st blood, sadly a high shot on a whitetail, that turned out to be unrecoverable.

I did have shots (fairly EZ) to fill my exotics portion of my hunt. I managed to stalk within 42 yards of a young aoudad ram. Had him broadside he just was a little to young (I would guess 18"-21") he was perfect otherwise, nice chaps beautiful color. I just didn't want want to kill him, just to kill him. He will make a stunning trophy for someone in a year or two. I also stalk withing 25 yards of a nice ram (corsican type) but by then I had seen far to many blackbuck (none at blinds, but the seed had been planted ) Sadly I did have a lean clear miss on a hind. I fell victim to a VERY tiny stick

Even with the fact that we did not manage any harvest this season all 4 of us (3 hunter and 1 spectator) left planning our return next season. Caleb helped us set brush blinds and even came out to try and get a little advantage in the spot and stocking with showing us some spots that offered better vantage points. We had fantastic times at camp and I even did a little December swimming in one of the tanks. I have a friend on Facebook that will be going to the ranch Sunday following Christmas. I think he will find it to be a fantastic trip. On our last day we seen some bucks starting to fight and if there is a little cold weather to help stop all the green I think his review may be very pic heavy.

This is a great and affordable ranch that has some beautiful animals (we glassed some of the best aoudad I have ever seen, just was not sure the hold over at 720 yards) and they have a bunch of nice BB. I have taken a nice BB and a good whitetail in years passed plus axis and BB does and several hogs....I WILL BE BACK!!!

Good hunting and God Bless

Yep Extreme Bow hunting is awesome... Caleb is a great individual ...Trying to plan a trip up there when ever dates are available!!!!

Comment

Headed up there soon...I've heard a lot of good things.

Comment

Working...
      X