Smoking a brisket in advance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoking a brisket in advance?

My sister asked me to smoke a brisket for Christmas lunch, my wife doesn’t want me distracted Christmas Eve night or tending a fire all night. So what’s the best way to smoke it Christmas Eve day, keep it and reheat it Christmas Day?

Smoke it, let it rest and wrap in Saran Wrap and then reheat at low temp in the oven before slicing it?

Smoke it, drain it off and wrap in foil and refrigerate. Reheat day of at 225 with jus or a half can of beef cossume in the foil with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cook brisket, keep the au jus, put brisket into vac seal, pour in the au jus. Seal and then when ready put into hot water for an hr or two to get hot. Perfect everytime.

Comment

Traeger is the answer here.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
          Cook brisket, keep the au jus, put brisket into vac seal, pour in the au jus. Seal and then when ready put into hot water for an hr or two to get hot. Perfect everytime.
          ^^^^
          This

Comment

I always wondered why you couldn't cook, drain, leave wrapped, and reheat whole Brisket in the oven the next morning.

I usually take mine off the pit the night before and put in the oven overnight at 210 to finish to eat for lunch.
            Last edited by cram369; 12-20-2021, 05:20 AM.

Comment

This is the correct answer. Will taste just as good or better than the day it was cooked. My buddy does this for weddings and other catering events.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                My sister asked me to smoke a brisket for Christmas lunch, my wife doesn’t want me distracted Christmas Eve night or tending a fire all night. So what’s the best way to smoke it Christmas Eve day, keep it and reheat it Christmas Day?

Smoke it, let it rest and wrap in Saran Wrap and then reheat at low temp in the oven before slicing it?
                I wrap my briskets in butcher paper. Once the brisket is done I bring inside and rest for a few hours to cool down. After that I refrigerate. When I'm ready to reheat I put the wrapped brisket in the oven and reheat @ 250 for 2hrs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Look up the Hot and Fast method! I'll never smoke one low and slow again.

Comment

This is the way!

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                      Traeger is the answer here.
                      You miss spelled Recteq 😏 either one sure makes it easy

Comment

Smoke 5 hours. Wrap in butcher paper. Finish in oven at 180 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
                          You miss spelled Recteq 😏 either one sure makes it easy
                          You misspelled Pit Barrel Cooker
                          We have created the versatile Pit Barrel Cooker as the original vertical drum smoker and charcoal grill. Get your barrel smoker and charcoal grill today.

Bahahahaha

Comment

For a day?

Put brisket in an aluminum pan with some of the au jus. Sam's carries the perfect size and they are cheap for a 15-20 count. I use them all the time for brisket. The pan keeps any leaks or easy tears from happening and they are much easier to work with. Cover pan in foil and put in fridge. Bring back out and reheat covered....set to 300 and it should be good in an hour.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6797.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	231.4 KB
ID:	24670993

Comment

As Smart says, and make sure you internal temp gets to 140-150 which is serving temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X