Hustler ZTR owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hustler ZTR owners

I did not know that you were supposed to change the oil in the Hydro-Gear ZT 3100 transaxles. I just happen to see a Youtube video on the procedure so I did mine on my Hustler Fastrak 54 yesterday. Mine only had a little over 100 hours, but I believe the first change is around 50-75 hours and then every 400 hours after that. Any 20W-50 motor will work, it does not take hydraulic oil. This video shows the proper way to do it. It took me about 4.2 quarts of oil to do the change.

Mine has a filter on each side. I haven’t changed mine myself, I let the dealer do it.

What does you owners manual say??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I did it last year. Wasn’t too tough of a job. Longest part was waiting on new oil to drain into transaxles.

Comment

Run them for a bit to warm the oil it will drain much better. Mine is a 44 hours mow I’m guessing it will be due by the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
          Mine has a filter on each side. I haven’t changed mine myself, I let the dealer do it.

What does you owners manual say??

The hydraulic oil for the Hydro Gear Transmission 2800, 3100 or 5400 should be changed after the first 75 hours of use, then every 400 hours after that. However, the oil can be changed at any time, especially if the performance of the hydrostatic drive is reduced. Note that the hydraulic filter needs to be changed at the same time (if equipped).

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
            I did it last year. Wasn’t too tough of a job. Longest part was waiting on new oil to drain into transaxles.
            That ain`t no joke. You also have to be sure to watch the fill hole so you don`t run it all over the place.

Note: You can buy an oil change kit, but it only comes with 4 quarts of oil. It take about 2.2 quarts for each side.

Comment

I've had mine over 10 years and only 242 hours on it. The right one has a seal leak. A pain in the rear. No way to fix it myself. New 3100 costs $975. Repair is going to be $400 to $500.

Wish I'd bought a John Deere big box special.

Changing the oil is not hard. Just takes alitle time.

Comment

Working...
              X