Muzzleloader Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muzzleloader Help

Looking into muzzleloaders for next season - I'm looking at TC Impact vs CVA Wolf - do any of you have experiences with either brand and can give me some insight into the quality? Also, which you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
    Looking into muzzleloaders for next season - I'm looking at TC Impact vs CVA Wolf - do any of you have experiences with either brand and can give me some insight into the quality? Also, which you prefer and why?

Thanks in advance

I’ve shot a couple TC muzzle loaders I was impressed by the accuracy at 100yrds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a couple of TC’s & both are consistently accurate.
      The Hawken is good for 100-125 yards & Omega out to 200 yards
      Good luck

Comment

I’ve got a CVA Optima V2 with a thumbhole stock. Topped with a 2-7x33 Diamondback. I shot a couple of less than 3/4” groups this fall while doing some load building.

I know it’s not on of the two models you asked about, but I’ve got not qualms with CVA at all. I’ve got several friends with them and they haven’t had any issues either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a thompson center encore killed a bunch of stuff with it, but it was finicky with anything but powerbelts. The QLA is great for loading but not the best for accuracy. I got a CVA accura with a bergara barrel and it shoots lights out. Can't use scopes here but i can get under inch groups at a 100 with a peep and front globe on the CVA. The accura isn't much more than the wolf and offers some nicer features.

Comment

I hav e the CVA optima also it has been a great gun

Comment

I would go CVA and at least bump up to the Optima. The Accura is the cats meow and what I shoot. The Optima is a good one though.

Comment

Much appreciated! I'll be looking at bumping up since I have time to save up until next season.

Comment

I have owned three CVA Wolfs. Still have one. It is a very good muzzleloader for the price. I had no problem killing deer and hogs at 125 yards and in. Never tried shooting at anything any farther than that. This was also with the factory scopes that came with them.

Comment

I you want authenticity, quality and are moderately talented with tools look at Jim Kibler kits. They’re the best out there, not cheap though. YouTube will be your friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
                      I would go CVA and at least bump up to the Optima. The Accura is the cats meow and what I shoot. The Optima is a good one though.
                      I have an Accura and it is scary accurate. I have taken multiple deer with it and all have been shot in the neck at the base of the skull. I am that confident in its accuracy.

I have a Lupy Ultimate Slam ML scope on it and shoot Powerbelts with IMR White Hot.

Comment

I have an Accura. Love that thing! Shoots well, carry's well. Very accurate.

Buddy shoots the CVA Wolf. Not all the bells and whistels of the Accura but shoots just as well.

Comment

I have a CVA Wolf and it shoots well. I killed 3 deer this year with it. I've heard that they're really accurate out to 200yds but I only feel comfortable with mine out to about 125yds.

Comment

For the price you cannot beat the CVA Wolf. It does its job well and using two pellets(100grs) and a 295gr Powerbelt. You'd kill anything you hit out to a hundred yards. It is what I muzzleload with.

Comment

Another vote for CVA. I have both an older wolf and newer optima and I recommend the optima to anyone that will listen.

Comment

Working...
                              X