This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    They were a good team. The head coach made bone head decisions.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Well, I'm certainly not going to debate that fact. Heck yea he made some bone head calls and decisions, like several a game some weeks. But it also seemed to me that the team was uninspired at key moments and didn't play like an upper-class team should. I'm sure a lot of that is coaching but I can't put 100% on coaches. They couldn't even beat a struggling OU team with the juggler exposed and just dangling out there. And throughout the season they just couldn't/wouldn't step up and take advantage of situations way too often. IDK, just how I saw it.

Comment

Texas did that thing where they finish the season with way too nice of a bowl victory and will be ranked 10-15 next year only to disappoint with a 9-3 record again.

I will never understand the player rotations or why Bijan does touch the ball 20+ times a game.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        All time leader in pretty much every category and
        Y’all are ready to move on [emoji51] careful what you wish for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yep, its is the dumbest things I have been reading lately.

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
          Texas did that thing where they finish the season with way too nice of a bowl victory and will be ranked 10-15 next year only to disappoint with a 9-3 record again.

I will never understand the player rotations or why Bijan does touch the ball 20+ times a game.
          I would say that they should be ranked 10-20 going into next season.

Comment

Congrats to the Horns. Lots of young talent showed well, especially Thompson and the RB on offense, Collins on defense made a very athletic play that may have helped turned the game around early on.
            Am I mistaken or has Tom Herman lost 20+ pounds in the last month????
            Adios,
            Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Gary Roberson View Post
              Congrats to the Horns. Lots of young talent showed well, especially Thompson and the RB on offense, Collins on defense made a very athletic play that may have helped turned the game around early on.
              Am I mistaken or has Tom Herman lost 20+ pounds in the last month????
              Adios,
              Gary
              Stress. Some eat, some get thin.

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
                No, Sam is just good enough to get you beat. He's a good player, not a great player. He holds all of those records because he's not good enough to leave after 3 yrs. I would love for him to be on my team, as most would I imagine. But I would not want him to be a 4 yr starter. It's just the way college football works

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  No, Sam is just good enough to get you beat. He's a good player, not a great player. He holds all of those records because he's not good enough to leave after 3 yrs. I would love for him to be on my team, as most would I imagine. But I would not want him to be a 4 yr starter. It's just the way college football works
                  The Texas woes have been on the defensive side of the ball. It’s been that way for a few years. Sam was solid but the defense could not make a stop when they needed a stop.

No one should lay the Texas issues at the feet of Sam. Our defense has been soft for years!

Sam has been the one guy who showed leadership! He’s an easy target I guess!

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post

Because Herman....

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post

Did you see how bleh the offense was after the first series or without Bijan? We've seen a bunch of that lately...too much for my taste.

And did you see how they sparked when Thompson entered the game? I want to see more of that. 17 points with Sam....38 without... hard to argue with the results no matter whose fault it was. Herman and Sam do just enough to get you beat by a score or win by a score...I'm ready to see if somebody can blow some mofos out.......

on edit...and I love Sam. I'm just ready to see if somebody can do better...
                      Last edited by Smart; 12-30-2020, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        Did you see how bleh the offense was after the first series or without Bijan? We've seen a bunch of that lately...too much for my taste.

And did you see how they sparked when Thompson entered the game? I want to see more of that. 17 points with Sam....38 without... hard to argue with the results no matter whose fault it was. Herman and Sam do just enough to get you beat by a score or win by a score...I'm ready see if somebody can blow some mofos out.......
                        True story. I'm not against Sam at all, but it is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by gekko man View Post
                          The Texas woes have been on the defensive side of the ball. It’s been that way for a few years. Sam was solid but the defense could not make a stop when they needed a stop.

No one should lay the Texas issues at the feet of Sam. Our defense has been soft for years!

Sam has been the one guy who showed leadership! He’s an easy target I guess!
                          Yes. But not great. I'm not blaming him by any means but he is limited as an athlete. Coaching prolly hindered him some obviously.

Comment

I’m disappointed that the TCU game was cancelled. Did TCU not have enough to play or just missing starters? We played against LSU with no defensive line. Glad Pittman turned things around and didn’t back down.

Hogs are returning 7 important seniors, which should help next year with a solid recruiting class.

3-7 really don’t look like much but I think Hog fans are happy with the turn around. There’s little doubt that scab Morris would have goose egged. Everyone knows the auburn game was a lost to a blown call and they choked against Mizzou in the final seconds.

Other losses were to:
                            Bama
                            Georgia
                            Florida
                            Aggy
                            LSU

Those top 4 could beat just about any team in the country and LSU had a lot of talent.

Can’t be too upset about that other than getting the worst possible draws out of the east. They likely beat SC and Vandy.

Comment

Entering the season ags we’re ready to ship mond to the South Pole and Texas wouldn’t trade Sam for anything. 2020 has flipped everything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                                I’m disappointed that the TCU game was cancelled. Did TCU not have enough to play or just missing starters? We played against LSU with no defensive line. Glad Pittman turned things around and didn’t back down.

Hogs are returning 7 important seniors, which should help next year with a solid recruiting class.

3-7 really don’t look like much but I think Hog fans are happy with the turn around. There’s little doubt that scab Morris would have goose egged. Everyone knows the auburn game was a lost to a blown call and they choked against Mizzou in the final seconds.

Other losses were to:
                                Bama
                                Georgia
                                Florida
                                Aggy
                                LSU

Those top 4 could beat just about any team in the country and LSU had a lot of talent.

Can’t be too upset about that other than getting the worst possible draws out of the east. They likely beat SC and Vandy.
                                They didn't have enough to play

Comment

Working...
                                X