I cut the cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cut the cord

Direct T V sucks after 15 years of putting up with there crap I woke up Friday morning and they had disconnected me after several attempts to find out why I said I’m done . My son hooked us up to streaming today and I’m glad to be done with them.

Did the same thing about 2 months after being with them 12 years. Haven't missed it and wish I'd have done it sooner. Still learning the streaming game but almost have everything that I watch figured out.

Comment

Streaming doesnt get me outdoor channels or id do the saem. I hate that dish fights with locals every two years

Comment

Originally posted by Tommyh View Post
        Streaming doesnt get me outdoor channels or id do the saem. I hate that dish fights with locals every two years

I stream and get all the outdoor channels through the frndly app on my roku. I think it’s 7.99 a month for like 15-20 total channels. It includes hallmark, the weather channel and a bunch more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
          I stream and get all the outdoor channels through the frndly app on my roku. I think it’s 7.99 a month for like 15-20 total channels. It includes hallmark, the weather channel and a bunch more.

Plus the other subs? Youtube tv is like 65/mo for 85 channels. How does your other add to it? We are just now adding apple tv devices at the office and i am playing catchup to this tech

Comment

We have an OTA antenna in the attic plus Prime video, Netflix, and Sling. I think Sling has the Outdoor channel. Sling is around $30/month. Netflix is $13/month and Prime Video is free with an Amazon Prime subscription. We can get 80 channels with the OTA antenna of which we actually watch maybe 10. Some are Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean but it cost me nothing.

Comment

Get you a fire stick and download Fubo. You get all the channels you do on satellite and outdoor channels for $50.

Comment

Also available with Sling TV

Comment

Good for you! Might be next

Comment

About time, slacker!!!!! [emoji38]

I don’t regret it one bit.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I cut DirectTV after 25 years. I now have YouTube TV. I do miss not having History Channel but its fine. Since you can stream many devices at once I was able to also cut service at the ranch and stream there as well. So I went from almost $250 a month to less than $100.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post

Do you get any local channels to you on this app?

We have the Roku tv as well.

Comment

Plus the other subs? Youtube tv is like 65/mo for 85 channels. How does your other add to it? We are just now adding apple tv devices at the office and i am playing catchup to this tech

I use roku which either comes on most smart TV’s or you can buy a stand alone plug in for anywhere between $20 up to 79$ for a 4K. Then it’s basically like a phone with apps. You have your Netflix and other watching apps I use Hulu for my main channels like ESPN and discovery and all the basic cable type channels even with Hulu, prime, Netflix and the frndly app I’m still saving about $100 compared to direct tv.

Comment

Congrats! We did the same a couple years ago. YouTube TV here and actual Youtube has endless hunting videos which are all usually better than anything on Outdoor Channel or Sportsmans channel. Some still have some product placement but nothing like the dang commercials you watch on the OC or SC.

Comment

Originally posted by MUZZYSLINGR View Post
                              Do you get any local channels to you on this app?

We have the Roku tv as well.

I get my locals through Hulu, as well as over the air antenna. I use antenna way more than I thought I would.

Comment

Working...
                              X