Wasp ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasp ID

Y’all check these out. Literally thousands flying around an old wooden hay barn we have in Dewitt county.

They are here every spring but never seen them like this. Anybody know what kind and if they sting??

Also have some green ones in the same crowd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the yellow one looks like a Sand Wasps. no help on the green one.

Comment

green one is a sweat bee I think

Comment

Found this a minute ago

Comment

That my man is a Hornet

Comment

They are getting that old wood to build their nests for this year.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
              That my man is a Hornet
              ^^THIS^^^

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
              They are getting that old wood to build their nests for this year.
              And this ^^^^^

I forget what the green ones are called but the black ones will stick in your memory if one or more tag you

Comment

yep those black looking suckers with a white ring around their tail in east Texas is a genuine hornet and they some baaaaddd dudes!! The ones in your pics look similar, but not exactly the same... The white ring on the ones in east texas is a sharp focused ring around the "stinger" portion and they are pretty much black plus they carry their wings erect and not laid down like those in your pics... They look close enough that I dang sure wouldn't mess with 'em! You should try to sprinkle some with flour and try to follow them after they get their old wood chewed up good and head back to wherever they are building... If it's on y'all property, you do NOT want to find it by accident!! It would be far better to know where it is, especially if there's that many of them... That would indicate a Big colony/nest somewhere.

Comment

Yes Yes they are hornet's. Mean. They chew up wood for the nest.

Comment

Before even reading the comments I could tell that the black one looks like it could bust yer azz. It looks outfitted for war.

Comment

Pear burner would help if them!

Comment

When I say thousands. I mean you can hear them buzzing from a couple hundred feet away...

they have never been aggressive as I’ve always moved slow, I keep feed in here for feeding out our calves. May have to change that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Call the VFD in your area and see if they can come out and get rid of them. If yes give them a $100 or so donation.

Comment

Working...
                          X