What about the Blackbucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about the Blackbucks

Saw the post about nilgae, I have several on our place in Menard. Think they will make it?

This kind of weather and Blackbuck antelope do not mix well.

Odds are not in their favor

Comment

You will lose some.

Comment

I have a bunch in Mills county. Hope to not lose many but long time cold weather is hard on them. I'm sure a few will die. How many I have no clue. I just try to keep them well fed during the cold.

Comment

Big freeze in mason a few years ago put huge dent on population at the place we hunted.

Comment

Black buck the softest of all !

Comment

They will lay down on you and freeze. If you can it’s best to drive around and keep them
              Up and moving. Buddy will drive and shoot over there heads to make them move. One year he didn’t and they laid there and froze to death.

Comment

I found one dead this afternoon at our place. All of ours was under the Barn with our goats and found a young buck dead. Hope we don't lose many more. We lost about 9 head a few years ago.

Comment

Bblm!

Comment

What’s the impact like on whitetail

Comment

I saw a post on FB where a fella said he’s already lost 5 blackbuck...and it’s gonna get much colder and be icy. The outcome may be terrible

Comment

This is the most racist thread I have ever seen.

Comment

For any of you guys that do lose some, im just going to throw this out there, id love to have a few hides or capes. Id skin and dispose of all you'd let me.

Comment

I’m expect to lose some if not all. Have 2 groups of 15. Keeping them moving is a good idea but from sundown to sunup it’s the worst and doesn’t take long. Calling for -1 here Tuesday morning. I’ll gather any I find and process.

Comment

Originally posted by slicktree View Post
                              bblm!
                              :d lol

Comment

Working...
                              X