No announcement yet.

Chap Gun Hunt - New Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chap FB has it out there. I'll see if i can post it up.

Comment

from FB
      Attached Files

Comment

still cant believe you passed on him. Congrats on a hell of a deer

Comment

How in the world did you let it walk yesterday?? Lol.

Great buck!

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
            Sorry fellas but I’ve been busy cleaning and caping. So I feel a little like a dumb*** for misjudging this deer. He was post mature.... they said 6.5 plus. I guess that’s why the body size and mass had me second guessing him.

Official score is on the Chap facebook page. Gross was 154 7/8 and net was 144 1/2. Width had me fooled too. I knew he was wide but ended up being 24 1/8 width. Now just need to get the other fellas on a good one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Great job!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! That's what you go to South Texas for.

Comment

Great buck!!

Comment

Congrats!

That's the type of deer they post from the aerial surveys

Comment

Commented on the chap page but will here aswell. Congrats on a great deer. Hope one day I can get one as good

Comment

Great buck of the Chap! Congrats!

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Comment

Congrats on a great deer. thanks for posting the pic. I don't do the book of faces

Comment

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
                            How in the world did you let it walk yesterday?? Lol.

Great buck!

Man once I got close to him I felt pretty stupid. With that width, I should have guessed older. You Had to see him on the hoof. I knew he was wide but not that wide. I guess His width made his tine length and mass look smaller. I guess I was focusing on body size, mass and height. I’m an E Texas hunter and don’t see many 20+ inch width deer. They just “old” when they aged him, basically they don’t go any higher than 6.5 years when they age. Also as a long time E TX hunter, I haven’t seen a lot of old deer [emoji4]

It’s a management deer and pigs for me. We’ve got a mature 5 point on camera that may meet the criteria. And had a whole herd of hogs on pics last night at the same place. I’ll be hunting out of a brush blind but can see a good 200 yards down a hill.

Comment

Congratulations. That is a great buck

Comment

Originally posted by WinslowBoy View Post
                                Man once I got close to him I felt pretty stupid. With that width, I should have guessed older. You Had to see him on the hoof. I knew he was wide but not that wide. I guess His width made his tine length and mass look smaller. I guess I was focusing on body size, mass and height. I’m an E Texas hunter and don’t see many 20+ inch width deer. They just “old” when they aged him, basically they don’t go any higher than 6.5 years when they age. Also as a long time E TX hunter, I haven’t seen a lot of old deer [emoji4]

It’s a management deer and pigs for me. We’ve got a mature 5 point on camera that may meet the criteria. And had a whole herd of hogs on pics last night at the same place. I’ll be hunting out of a brush blind but can see a good 200 yards down a hill.

Don't worry, just means you are a measured hunter. Unless you are used to hunting these giants. Did the same thing on said management hunt in Mustang. Except I wasn't 100% sure he was 14" wide, and looked over and over and finally couldn't verify 100% till the next day when he was twice as close as the day before. Turns out he was 20"....haha....
                                Last edited by gonzotexan; 12-15-2020, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X