No announcement yet.

Laguna Atascosa 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are headed down tomorrow. If anyone is still looking. Super 8 motel on padre island is 39$ a night this weekend. Just saying!

Comment

Its just me and my 10 year old. Hope to see everyone there! And good luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by reaganandkristy View Post
        We are headed down tomorrow. If anyone is still looking. Super 8 motel on padre island is 39$ a night this weekend. Just saying!
        How far away is that from the Refuge?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading out tomorrow after work. Gonna get in a little late but we’ll be up and at’em Friday bright and early. Hope to see some of you guys out there! Hopefully at the skinning station. If any of y’all need help dragging something feel free to reach out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jronning77 View Post
            How far away is that from the Refuge?

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
            It’s about 30 minutes to the gate. Just be careful going through Laguna Vista and Laguna Heights. The police department makes much of their annual budget off of speeding tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
              It’s about 30 minutes to the gate. Just be careful going through Laguna Vista and Laguna Heights. The police department makes much of their annual budget off of speeding tickets.

Good to know! I tent camped in the park last year but we rented a place on the island this time. High style!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                I’m on the last hunt at the beginning of December. Since they don’t conduct hunts the week of thanksgiving, I’m hoping that week off from hunting pressure right before my hunt week will also help us out. Maybe we can get lucky with some cool weather by then as well.

Anyone know when the Nilgai Rut happens?
                I'll be there for that one as well as a rifle hunt in January.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                  I hunt Kennedy Ranch and the rut for Nilgai is January/February there. I also sent you a PM.

Congrats BigRed323 and GBludau! Great stories and thanks for sharing!

Im on the last hunt there and cant wait!
                  I'll be there for the Jan 8-10 rifle hunt. Would love to hear more about their rutting activity.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyGuyy View Post
                    Good to know! I tent camped in the park last year but we rented a place on the island this time. High style!
                    If you're staying on the island, I would give yourself (at a minimum) 45-50 minutes to get to the gate. There a number of lights you will have to go through on the island, Port Isabel, and Laguna Heights which are predominantly 30 mph speed limits.

Comment

Good luck to the next hunters.
                      If there is anyone that I know going this hunt or the next, let me know! I have something to share[emoji41]

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Blessed to be able to share this years hunt with my younger brother this year. All set up and ready. Already met some great guys hunting the same area. Good luck to all.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
                          Blessed to be able to share this years hunt with my younger brother this year. All set up and ready. Already met some great guys hunting the same area. Good luck to all.

We are 3 hours out!

Comment

Originally posted by reaganandkristy View Post
                            We are 3 hours out!
                            Safe travels bro. Don’t forget the fix-a-flat cuz them freshly cut mesquites are a ....

Comment

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
                              If you're staying on the island, I would give yourself (at a minimum) 45-50 minutes to get to the gate. There a number of lights you will have to go through on the island, Port Isabel, and Laguna Heights which are predominantly 30 mph speed limits.
                              Thanks for the info

Comment

Definitely watch your speeds going through Port Isabel and the other small towns on the way. Speed traps!!! And they work early too. Went by some guys pulled over on the way to Laguna at 4:30 in the morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X