Any gulf coast boat owners here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
    Agree with this. With that said, 2001 motor, she is probably about ready for some new power. Even with that, at the right price, that's a great way to step into a solid boat without breaking the bank. I've fished on this model many times. Only negatives to me are -
    - Speed; not a fast boat by any means. Even with a 150, you are looking at 35-40 wot
    - low sides are not great for children
    Motor has 360 hours. Compression on all 3 cylinders is 120-125

Comment

I had the same motor and struggled with keeping water pressure, but the water I was running in was hyper saline and was know for causing these type problems.

Comment

Great boat. Fished a bunch out of them. Well made boats and I wouldn’t be afraid of that motor at all with only 360 hours.

Comment

I had a 98 20ft HS with a non vmax 150. I liked it. Like others said, not a fast boat, but solid.

My 06 with a Suzuki 200 24ft get like twice the gas mileage. Likely the motor and it only has a pocket tunnel to the gulf coasts bigger tunnel.

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
            I have one now but this would be a huge upgrade.
            But isn't it the equivalent of the SS Minnow?

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
              Something wasn’t setup right in that boat or it was underpowered to pop it up fast.
              This

The folks we know with a demi john bay house had one. He begged me to put hours on it so I did. It was a 22 like that with a rude 150. It jumped plenty fast even with the plate up.

I have a buddy on his second gulf coast that's a 25 vari. He likes em.

I also dont know if I seen one with the console up that far

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                Something wasn’t setup right in that boat or it was underpowered to pop it up fast.
                Couldn't say, but one boat was a 20' with a 175 and I don't remember stats on the other. Both did the same nasty bow rise.

Comment

Boat sold from under me!

Comment

You should have jumped on it. How much it it go for?

Comment

Originally posted by BLACKFINTURKEY View Post
                      Boat sold from under me!
                      OUCH!!! That sucks bud. Looked like a nice boat. I like that hull design

Comment

Then it wasn't meant to be. You'll find something.

Comment

My dad and I own a 22’ low side gulf coast with a 150 vmax. Boat isn’t a speed racer by any means. Boat takes the chop and roughy water well. Boat is a good dry boat as well. Boat is very stable also. Hole shot is great and Will runny skinny.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                            Then it wasn't meant to be. You'll find something.
                            That’s exactly how I see it.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                              You should have jumped on it. How much it it go for?
                              I contacted the seller and set up a meeting time tomorrow she sold it for the asking price of 10,500.

Comment

I just fished out of a 21' this weekend. I've got a 21' Illusion so it was a complete different ride. The console sits up way closer to the bow. We fished Baffin and it handled the 2' chop fairly well. We also ran through some shallow stuff on the way back.....less than a foot. Pretty impressed with it but just seemed a lot heavier of a boat than im used to.

Comment

Working...
                                X