SBR at the range

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SBR at the range

Anyone ever been questioned by the range master or any employees there?

What did you do if so?

Never been questioned, but i have copies of all stamps in the range bag, so if it ever was questioned its easily resolved.

Comment

I've never been questioned on a SBR or suppressor and they have no authority to do so either. You do not have to show them anything if asked but they could ask you to leave if you don't. Twenty years ago you hardly ever saw a SBR or suppressor but now days they are common place and don't even attract attention.

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
        Anyone ever been questioned by the range master or any employees there?

What did you do if so?

kinda jumping off on that what about AR Pistols. no paper work or anything required what would you do if they came up to you.

Comment

I keep a copy of my FFL in my phone. Don't see any reason you couldn't do the same with your stamp. Never been questioned, and frankly if they don't have a badge, its not really any of their business.

Comment

Yes, I've been asked to see my stamp several times. No, they don't have a right to see it, but, yes, they have a right to ask you to leave if you refuse. IMHO, asking to see a tax stamp is akin to playing cop.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
              now days they are common place and don't even attract attention.
              lol
              they attract attention by being a huge nuissance. unsuppressed SBR guys at the range are the WORST.
              I wonder if those guys go out to dinner and fart next to people?

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                lol
                they attract attention by being a huge nuissance. unsuppressed SBR guys at the range are the WORST.
                I wonder if those guys go out to dinner and fart next to people?
                You do have the right to wear hearing protection, to move, or to go on a different day. The concussion from a rifle next door to you with a muzzle break is at least as bad, but that guy has as much right to be there as I do.

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                  You do have the right to wear hearing protection, to move, or to go on a different day. The concussion from a rifle next door to you with a muzzle break is at least as bad, but that guy has as much right to be there as I do.
                  It's not about rights-- just courtesy and a pet peeve of mine.
                  Generally the guy with a muzzle break is not putting 100-200 rounds down range the entire hour I'm shooting a few groups. So while, yeah, the concussion might be at least as bad, once it hits I know I'm clear for at least a few seconds to take an uninterrupted shot without that plus a monster muzzle flash of wasted powder strobe lighting the place.

Comment

I have been asked once. Suppressed 10.5” 556 and a suppressed 9” blackout. They did not get to see stamps. ATF is welcome to and that’s it. I politely told them they are registered. Showed them the engraving and told them someone would have to be nuts to bring 4 unregistered NFA items to a public range lol. They were cool. I shot and left.

Comment

Double post

Comment

Generally the guy with a muzzle break is not putting 100-200 rounds down range the entire hour I'm shooting a few groups.
                        I want it on the record that you said "muzzle break."

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                          I want it on the record that you said "muzzle break."
                          lol... misspelling happens to everyone. is it an excuse that I quoted someone?

Comment

lol... misspelling happens to everyone. is it an excuse that I quoted someone?
                            Remind him a big enough gun at Reds could “break” something with a brake!!

Comment

You can tell them it is none of their damm business.

Comment

Working...
                              X