Filling up swimming pool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filling up swimming pool?

Has anyone ever hauled water in to fill up a swimming pool? How much did it cost? The fire department use to do it for donations now they don’t.. I’m on well water and don’t really want to put a strain on my pump (if it would)

You could buy water from the city, you'd still need to haul it though.

Comment

Theres a company in Decatur that hauled drinking water to a tank in a subdivision after one of my crews hit a main and drained it on christmas eve.

1. A & V Water
      Decatur 76234Decatur, TX 76234

(940) 393-3964

Comment

Depending the size and type of your pump, replacing a pump may be cheaper then buying and hauling in water

Comment

Check your pump and see if it's a continuous flow pump...I'm guess it's a submersible? I called my water well guy who put mine in and he told me to let it run as long as I wanted to and it would just keep on pumping water.

I had no issues filling our pool with mine.

Comment

Water should cost somewhere around 50 cents a barrel (42 gallons), plus $85-100/hour for trucking.

Does that help?

Comment

Any idea how many gallons the pool can hold?

Comment

In northern Hays County it's around $300 for a 2,000 gallon haul.

Comment

Originally posted by Tx_Wader View Post
                  Check your pump and see if it's a continuous flow pump...I'm guess it's a submersible? I called my water well guy who put mine in and he told me to let it run as long as I wanted to and it would just keep on pumping water.

I had no issues filling our pool with mine.
                  This.
                  I just finished refilling my pool after draining and cleaning it. It took about 2 1/2 days, but we turned the faucet off when we were home using water in the evening/morning so pressure wouldn't be low for our in-home use.
                  Our pool is about 38,000 gallons.

Comment

I don't know anything about pumps, but I know a guy that has a well drilled specifically to keep his stock tank full and he runs it almost non-stop for weeks in the summer. Don't think a pool would be a problem, but again, I know nothing about the different types of pumps.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                      Depending the size and type of your pump, replacing a pump may be cheaper then buying and hauling in water
                      Agree with this. It's also easy for a do it yourselfer.

Comment

For estimating purposes, we use 1500 to 2500 depending on the size of pool just for the fill.

If your pump is so weak it can’t handle it, burn that sucker up - you were gonna need a new one soon anyway.

Comment

I used to own a tanker for this we charged 500 for 10,000 gallons . Not cheap to haul , cost of the truck driver tags etc . and most pools at 30-40 thousand on avg . Now with that said many times the owners would be filling the pool with their hose as well and would buy 1 load . In some cases yes we would fill the entire pool . I always thought it a waste of their money but we filled a niche that made money . Up until we sunk the truck on a old septic tank that caved in and that was the last straw for me . Sop around but 10,000 is a true tanker and your not going to get much larger than that .

Comment

Just use your well..

Comment

I used my well to fill mine. Took a few days and I ran two hoses to try to keep the pump running constantly. The advise that I was given is that the constant on and off of the pump over that long of a run would be the only thing that could cause premature wear of the pump.

Comment

Working...
                              X