No announcement yet.

Lake Meredith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice log. I'd sure like to see a big mulie buck somebody has taken out there. The big bucks we've seen over the years were very tall but not really wide.

Comment

Anybody make it out this weekend?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

I hunted Saturday. I got in my spot an hour before legal shoot time. I heard something of deer size coming in on the trail I was on 15 mins before I could shoot. couldn't see anything and pretty sure it winded me and ran off. Really hot, lots of mosquito's and gnats. I heard a lot of Turkey south of where I was at. I was surprised at the # of hunters out, not as many as I thought would be. Only 1 truck at plum creek ramp. 3 trucks at lower plum and only 1 camping at lower plum creek. Need it to get colder for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by chastings77 View Post
          I hunted Saturday. I got in my spot an hour before legal shoot time. I heard something of deer size coming in on the trail I was on 15 mins before I could shoot. couldn't see anything and pretty sure it winded me and ran off. Really hot, lots of mosquito's and gnats. I heard a lot of Turkey south of where I was at. I was surprised at the # of hunters out, not as many as I thought would be. Only 1 truck at plum creek ramp. 3 trucks at lower plum and only 1 camping at lower plum creek. Need it to get colder for sure.
          I'm sure the warm temp kept a lot of people home. It kept me from going to the lease.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Comment

1st cold snap bucks will be chasing does and hunters will be chasing bucks

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Briggs View Post
              1st cold snap bucks will be chasing does and hunters will be chasing bucks

The rut in that region is crazy. Bucks come out of nowhere.

Comment

Does anybody know if the creeks in the bottom of Martin's or Evans have any pools of water in them?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Comment

for those that have done it, how long is the hike in to Evans from Plum Creek? can you traverse the rims to get there, or is it basically straight through up and down the other canyons?

Comment

It's probably about 2-3 miles. Not sure where the water is as far as if you can cross the mouths of the canyons. It's easier to walk the top but it's also alot farther walking distance since you have to go around the back of the canyon to get there

Comment

Originally posted by Dude Briggs View Post
                      It's probably about 2-3 miles. Not sure where the water is as far as if you can cross the mouths of the canyons. It's easier to walk the top but it's also alot farther walking distance since you have to go around the back of the canyon to get there
                      thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by B Littleton View Post
                        for those that have done it, how long is the hike in to Evans from Plum Creek? can you traverse the rims to get there, or is it basically straight through up and down the other canyons?
                        I think tracking the path on google earth its about 4 - 4.5 miles trying to stay up top and following the fence.

Comment

On second thought it maybe closer to 4.5 - 5 miles

Comment

Been a while since I went there. I know it was far enough by the time I got there and saw the size of it we didn't have much time left to hunt

Comment

how are the crowds during the week? I am heading out for the week after thanksgiving (sun-thurs) and wondering what I'm gonna be contending with as far as volume of people.

Comment

how are the crowds during the week? I am heading out for the week after thanksgiving (sun-thurs) and wondering what I'm gonna be contending with as far as volume of people.
                                Typically quite a few hunters at that time, for the whole mule deer season.

Comment

Working...
                                X