Game Warden Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
    Process the deer and put it in the freezer prior to taking the head to the taxidermist.
    in this case, do you need any paperwork to go with the head?

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
      Im boiling out the head myself??? Or what if I just cut the horns off?
      We were there last night also with our boiled heads. I questioned the reasoning for the document since the heads and meat have been finalized and processed. He said that if they are still “fresh” then you need the document. He could have given a lot of tickets if so but he was really just educating everyone last night. It may not be the same next week though. He was a very nice guy. A change to the license would solve a lot of issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sharkhunter View Post
        What gets me you can debone a deer and take the whole dang thing to a processor and nothing is needed. No tag or anything. Crazy laws we have.
        Right!

So my deer is cubed and in freezer bags and packed in the deep freeze. Horns are at the taxi with a tag. Some time after deer season I'll prolly have 3-4 cubed deer to thaw out and take to a buddies to make sausage. I wont have any tags and it will be after deer season.

Now what?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          Right!

So my deer is cubed and in freezer bags and packed in the deep freeze. Horns are at the taxi with a tag. Some time after deer season I'll prolly have 3-4 cubed deer to thaw out and take to a buddies to make sausage. I wont have any tags and it will be after deer season.

Now what?

Drive the speed limit and use your turn signals [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

if u get stopped just act like u dont speak english gw will give u a warning seen it happen lots of time on tv show everyone else gets tickets

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

Que?

Comment

My head is about to explode!!

Comment

Right!

Now what?
                  Anything beyond quartered and no tag is needed. I just shot a 8pt last week and wanted burger and sausage made. I just deboned the whole deer while he was hanging. Took the whole thing to the processor. No tag or info of any kind was needed. Just my name and phone number for pickup.

Comment

I shoot a deer at lease, debone it and take it to processor to make burgers out of. I debone to save money. This is illegal?

Comment

What did it score?

Comment

Que?

Comment

Sharkhunter, posted at the same time. But GW did not check you?

Comment

It's not as difficult as some of y'all make it. I do agree the process could be simplified though. The tag always stays with the meat until it reaches its final destination. If the head and meat are separated just fill out a wildlife resource document. You don't even have to use the one in the Outdoor Annual. You can write it on a piece of paper with the required info.

Comment

Right!

Now what?

Once you cubed it up and Put it in your freezer, that is considered it's final destination. You're good to make whatever you want later.

Comment

Originally posted by Dushon View Post

LOL that's a good one

Comment

Working...
                                X