What broadhead do yall use and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What broadhead do yall use and why?

I have been playing with these Carbon Express Piledriver heads from 3Rivers Archery:

At $15/3, I am very impressed with them. I bought them to throw at pigs because I didn’t want to lose those expensive GK’s on a pig. I have shot several pigs and a deer or two with them now, and am thoroughly impressed. They spin perfectly true, and come pretty sharp. They don’t always leave the best blood trails, but that is a 2-blade thing, and not something wrong with this particular head.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Heck they look very similar to the SilverFlames

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
        Heck they look very similar to the SilverFlames

They are not as high quality, but are worth more than the $5/ea they cost!!!

Bisch

Comment

I am very serious about making and using stone. My avitar picture shows a stone knife I knapped using cholla cactus for a handle. I spend the month of March north of San Antonio visiting my Marine buddy who took a head shot in Viet Nam that left him right side paralyzed and while visiting him I gather Texas rock off the river beds and in front of restaurants for making arrow heads.
          The knife is laying on a match 6 point antler drop set that I found in the RV park that I stay in on 281.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Murphey View Post
            I have used several different heads through the years, since 1968, and have always come back to Zwickey.
            Zwickeys have always stayed consistant in metal and weights. The only draw back is they do not come pre sharpened. you will need to learn how to sharpen them but once you get that down a broadhead will last years, or until you lose the arrow.
            Exactly how I’d written it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Stewart View Post
              I am very serious about making and using stone. My avitar picture shows a stone knife I knapped using cholla cactus for a handle. I spend the month of March north of San Antonio visiting my Marine buddy who took a head shot in Viet Nam that left him right side paralyzed and while visiting him I gather Texas rock off the river beds and in front of restaurants for making arrow heads.
              The knife is laying on a match 6 point antler drop set that I found in the RV park that I stay in on 281.
              I read a story years ago, ahunter had knapped his own arrowheads out of Obsidian and took a really huge Grizzly. Impressed me and I never forgot it

Comment

For wood arrows; Magnus Mag I, ACE, Ribtek, Snuffer all over 145 grains. 60#+ bows I shoot 160 grain heads. Cut on impact and I keep them scary sharp.
                Last edited by Wudstix; 10-15-2019, 10:01 AM.

Comment

I've always had fantastic results with the Magnus Stinger Buzzcut 4 blades. Only one I've ever had break, was in a big Merino ram. Pounded him from 25 yds, lodged the bh in his off shoulder blade, to the point that I had to chisel it out with a hammer, and one of the bleeders broke off. Other than that it was perfect.

Comment

150grn cutthroat

This is a pic of the offside shoulder bone after passing through the onside shoulder and both sides of the ribcage. One blade had a slight nick in it after this damage.

I shot a feeder leg (2” square tubing) last month. The broadhead impacted at one of the 90degree angles and penetrated up to the ferrule. I had to pull the arrow out of the leg. The head was still straight. Only damage was two nicks on each blade where it stoped on the feeder leg, and of my pride as I missed.

Comment

Impressive

Comment

Just switched over to IRON WILL broadheads and
                        Here’s why

That’s a moose bone btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a new bow and figured it was a good time to refine my arrow setup. Jumped up to 250gr cutthroats and vpa 3 blades

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter1994 View Post
                            Just switched over to IRON WILL broadheads and
                            Here’s why

That’s a moose bone btw

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Because you shot a moose in the butt?[emoji6][emoji16]

Gary

Comment

I used the woodsman 3 blade from 3 rivers this year. Got my very first Recurve Buck with it. Really did a good job.

Comment

Probably gonna go with the SilverFlame Overkills. Carbon shaft arrow. Still looking at a bow.

Comment

Working...
                                X